Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash light issue on 1990 964 Cab

Old 01-22-2018, 01:54 AM
Ralph3.
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Dash light issue on 1990 964 Cab

I have been having an intermittent problem with my the seat belt and airbag warning lights in the clock. After having the lights reset a couple of times I decided to have the clock repaired and speedometer / odometer reworked before it breaks.

So I got them back from repair and started putting everything back in the car. Plugged the speedometer and clock in and installed in the dash. I noticed a odd problem with the dash lights when I fired it up.

I have dash lights in the fuel/oil level, tachometer and clock. No dash lights in the speedometer or the oil temp/pressure gage. All the gages are functioning, all warning lights including high beam and turn indicator lights in the speedometer are working. Checked fuses related to interior lights and they seem to be ok. The lights worked prior gage removal, going to try new bulbs next. i trying to fix / replace a light in the tachometer and I noticed the dash lights in the oil temp/pressure gage quit working.

Any ideas on what may be causing my issue?
Old 01-23-2018, 04:08 AM
Ralph3.
Rennlist Member

Check the easy things first, looks like it is just light bulbs and not something more serious. Fixed the speedometer and tachometer, need 2 more bulbs to fix the oil temp/ oil level gage.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:44 PM
heliolps2
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 103 Posts

Good to hear, Thank you for the update
Old 01-23-2018, 01:01 PM
Ralph3.
Rennlist Member

Nothing like jumping to conclusions before checking the easy stuff. Waiting on a couple more light bulbs. Then a visit to one of my friends with a hammer to turn off the seat belt and air bag lights.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dash light issue on 1990 964 Cab