964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW WARRANTY PROGRAM

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018 | 09:10 AM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

I don’t see the comparison to a extended car warranty. Cars have many moving parts and can be very expensive to fix if something goes wrong. I considered extending the warranty on our Mercedes but ultimately decided it wasn’t worth it. Now I’m glad I didn’t as the car has been reliable.
These are exhaust products that should be bulletproof. Can i ask if anyone has actually taken you up on this offer?
Old 01-25-2018 | 02:42 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

“We absolutely understand that a vehicle in its whole is much more sophisticated than an exhaust system, but a vehicle’s extended warranty is proportionately priced in the thousands of dollars. If there was a way to make car exhaust impervious to failure, then there would be no reason for any vehicle and/or exhaust manufacture to warranty them. That is simply not the case. Any company that produces car exhausts have a warranty and it’s not because they don’t make “bulletproof” products, it’s because they have enough engineering experience to know that any material exposed to intense heat and vibration over time may fail. Is it likely? No, it’s very rare, but we take responsibility anyways.

We go to great lengths to make the best products possible and it is our intention to design, engineer and manufacture product that are “bulletproof”. To insure this, we use the highest-grade materials including T304 stainless steel, HJS Catalytic Convertors, and Helical Technology Valves. We also use the highest quality machines to fabricate our materials, leading us to often get requests to manufacture difficult components for other companies because they are not capable themselves.

We offer limited lifetime warranty which means we cover our products for life. It is because of our commitment to making quality and resilient products that allows us to offer this level of warranty other manufactures cannot match. Now with our new transferable option, we are proud to say that no other aftermarket exhaust company offers any type of warranty for owners that did not buy directly from them, but we try to set the bar at Fabspeed.

Fabspeed has been in business for over 25 years and we have thousands of exhausts systems currently running on vehicles around the world. A change of this magnitude to our warranty program is extremely taxing on our company to handle, but it was a priority to make this update possible in some form. We wish we could offer it for free, but that is not realistic at this moment.

We understand this may not be as much of a value for an individual low cost product, but the majority of our exhaust systems are 5-10 thousand dollars. This new policy might not make total sense in every scenario, but we designed it to help the majority of second hand Fabspeed owners.

In the past, we have gone above and beyond what our warranty lists on many occasions and we are always willing to speak to each individual to see if we can reach a solution that satisfies both parties. No matter how big or small your issue is, we will always be willing to listen.

To answer your question “Can I ask if anyone has actually taken you up on this offer?”, yes, we have had a couple of customers already utilize our new warranty transfer program. This program was not developed to have a rush of people giving us money, it’s for the rare situation when a second hand Fabspeed owner has an issue and needs an option to get coverage on the product/s he/she owns for life.

Please take a look at the link below to see a post from a happy customer who utilized our new transferable warranty.
Facebook Post

We really do appreciate the feedback and we are always trying to be on the pulse of our customers and the car community. We take it to heart and it plays a large role in the decisions we make as a company.

If you have an issue, even if it is outside the parameters of what is listed on our website, all you need to do is PM, call, or email and we will try our absolute best to resolve your issue.”

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 01-25-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Quick Reply: NEW WARRANTY PROGRAM