Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone familiar with Recaro A8 seats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 08:38 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with Recaro A8 seats?

I'm kicking around an interior refresh. I'd like to find a period seat I can add my family plaid to, and I don't think that looks great on the stock seats. I would put in a bucket (like the pole position, but bigger), but I would like to use the backseats while my boys are still small enough to be back there. I noticed that the Recaro A8 seems to "look" like a seat from the 90s, and not appear cheap. Anyone in SoCal have a set I can sit in? Or someone have them that can compare notes? I'm 190lbs and 6'1". The pole positions are too small for my shoulder width, and the belt holes are below my shoulders. how are these? Anyone know where I can source a set of ones that need a recover?

Matt
Old 01-14-2018, 11:15 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 138 Posts

I've had a set, but not in a Porsche, a friend had them in a 964 and they fit perfectly. They do come up for sale now and then and usually sell quick because the VW and Audi crowd covet them.

On that note, I'm about the same size as you and found them very comfortable. I have Pole Positions in my car now and would say the fit is about the same with he A8's being more comfortable because the bolsters are more forgiving than a shell and also because they are suspension seats. But if you have trouble with the width of the Pole Postion shoulders you'd probably have the same with the A8.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:29 PM
tofunin
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set if you're still looking.

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with Recaro A8 seats?