Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

964 Turbo, my first journey into air-cooled!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 09:43 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 806 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by cashed
Thanks everyone! And dang it looks like I'll be fixing the front bumper now, and replacing the stock steering wheel. Cheers!
It might be worth checking with a Paintless Dent Repair shop to see if they can straighten the bumper with heat/cooling or other methods before you replace it. At least look at every avenue before replacing the bumper.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:03 PM
stimpy32
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome car! Enjoy!

If it were me i'd change the wheels! And sell them to me..... hehe
Old 01-16-2018, 10:27 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,020 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Looks like a nice example and I agree the Ruf wheels look fine. They are heavy but so are speedlines.

I would start by loosening the four screws inside the frunk under the seal that hold the bumper in place. There is a metal plate that locks everything down and more often than not this is tightened incorrectly. Most likely a respray of the front bumper was done and when the reinstalled it they didn't take the time to make sure it was flat. It might work its way out easily.

BTW how do you like your 17 Raptor? I have been holding onto my 13 6.2L I am having a hard time letting go but if I do the new raptor would be my choice. So far I'm going to drive this one into the ground.

GL drive it in good health

Quick Reply: 964 Turbo, my first journey into air-cooled!