Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed bleeder for C4 diff locks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 11:34 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts
Default Speed bleeder for C4 diff locks?

I borrowed a PDT999 from a fellow Rennlister to bleed the diff locks on my C4. Unfortunately the PDT999 couldn’t connect to the PDAS so I had to bleed them the old way i.e. manually switch the system on and off while opening and closing the bleed valves. It worked ok if someone was there to do the switching while I opened and closed the valves.

A possible solution to this is to fit Russell Bleed Valves to the locks. That way it’s a one person operation. You open the valves, then switch the switch on and off until enough has been bled.

The only hitch is ordering the correct valves. Does anyone know the spec of the OE bleed valves?

Ironically I bought speed bleed valves for the brakes then realised there is no point installing them as I use a motive bleeder.
Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2018, 11:41 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 423 Likes on 275 Posts

M6 speed bleeders are the size for the locks.

I use the stainless ones since i use my car rain, snow and sun...but the speed bleeders are a good idea regardless of stainless or the zinc plated standard ones
Old 01-05-2018, 12:08 AM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 104 Likes on 80 Posts

^ yep, been running them for years
Old 01-05-2018, 01:58 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Thanks guys, Google suggests the product code is SB6100 and stainless steel versions are available. Is there any preferred length on these?
Old 01-05-2018, 07:23 AM
Harry Apps
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I borrowed a PDT999 from a fellow Rennlister to bleed the diff locks on my C4. Unfortunately the PDT999 couldn’t connect to the PDAS so I had to bleed them the old way i.e. manually switch the system on and off while opening and closing the bleed valves. It worked ok if someone was there to do the switching while I opened and closed the valves.

A possible solution to this is to fit Russell Bleed Valves to the locks. That way it’s a one person operation. You open the valves, then switch the switch on and off until enough has been bled..

A temp fix, if you've got the bits, is a length of plastic tube with a non-return valve. I always use this together with a power bleeder (just in case) and the valve weight helps to keep the tube in position for the waste.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 423 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by -nick
^ yep, been running them for years
Yep...pretty sure i got the idea from you. They have been life savers...thanks nick!

Quick Reply: Speed bleeder for C4 diff locks?