Questions about 91 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 01:17 AM
Forrest Gump 9
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Questions about 91 turbo

Hello all

i recently went and saw a 91 turbo. The car was mint condition but I have couple questions about the car. Hopefully the fellow Porsche enthusiasts can help me out.

1. Mirrors, I thought only 93 and up have aero/tear drop mirrors. This one have them and the owner claimed to be original, is it true?
2. Wheels, the car comes with Cup 1, but they looked to be a little “tucked”. The fronts are at least an inch tucked in. Looked to be wrong offset
3. Boost gauge, there is none. Matter of fact, the whole gauge setup look exactly like my 89 C4
4. Oil filter? Where is it?
5. Engine under trays? Are there any? None on this car.

thank you for your time.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:51 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
Hello all

i recently went and saw a 91 turbo. The car was mint condition but I have couple questions about the car. Hopefully the fellow Porsche enthusiasts can help me out.

1. Mirrors, I thought only 93 and up have aero/tear drop mirrors. This one have them and the owner claimed to be original, is it true?
2. Wheels, the car comes with Cup 1, but they looked to be a little “tucked”. The fronts are at least an inch tucked in. Looked to be wrong offset
3. Boost gauge, there is none. Matter of fact, the whole gauge setup look exactly like my 89 C4
4. Oil filter? Where is it?
5. Engine under trays? Are there any? None on this car.

thank you for your time.
GL

All 964 turbos have the aero mirrors

Standard 3.3L wheel fitment is 7" ET55 front and 9" ET55 rear. Their should be raised info on either side of the valve stem saying width and offset. These came from the factory with the wheels sitting somewhat inboard.

Boost gauge is part of the OBC (small rectangular screen in the tach). All turbos came with the OBC which was optional on the C2/C4. You need to scroll through the settings to find the boost reading. These are not one of the 964T's strong point as the gage only reads up to .7 bar despite the fact that the 3.3 is standard from the factory with between .75 to .81 and .79 to .85 for the 3.6T. Basically when it reads .7 you are at full boost.

Oil filter is a PITA to replace it is located under the engine as is the second filter for the 993. You can't change the oil filter without making a mess.

There are the front steering and middle transmission trays but the turbo does not have the side heat shields or the engine under tray.

There is a 964 turbo forum if you scroll down to the turbo section.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:03 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

Cobalt always first to the party with good answers!

Don't want to hijack just wanted to add for anyone interested I have a friend in SoCal with a '91 he has been talking about selling, has +-27k miles and pretty much perfect Black/Black&Linen if interested PM me for info and I will send you his contact info.
Cheers
Old 12-05-2017, 05:19 PM
heliolps2
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 105 Posts

Anthony is the 964 Turbo Guy to go too..

Helio

Quick Reply: Questions about 91 turbo