Sponsored by:

Visit to Road Scholars, NC

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 08:31 PM
DTMLGND
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Visit to Road Scholars, NC

I made an impromptu visit to Road Scholars last Friday as I just happened to be in Raleigh-Durham NC to attend a wedding on Friday. This was my first time visiting this fine state and as always when visiting different lands/areas I try to find any Porsche shops in the vicinity.
Lucky for me, Road Scholars was less than 5 miles from where I was staying. As is turned out, my wife who was already in NC for work a few days got tied up with just that and I had some 'me' time to kill. I WAZED my way over to the shop and to my delight was greeted by Aaron, Tim was gracious enough to give me the rundown of every single car!! They have some really rare 356's on hand and of course, there's Jeff Zwart's RS 4.0 Had also a nice convo with Kevin(part owner) who happens to be a BMW 02 enthusiast like myself. What a great guy as well.
Kudos to a beautiful shop and outstanding staff. Thanks Road Scholars! You all Rock
Here's a few shots I took of the current inventory...
Attached Images                
Old 10-31-2017, 09:23 PM
Super90
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Very nice!!

Love the four cam tub!!!
Old 10-31-2017, 09:37 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Aaron Cress and the crew at RS are tremendous. They performed the PPI on a 59 356A Coupe that I purchased in July. They also ended up giving my new addition some much needed service and even a little bit of a spa treatment. Everything was performed quickly and reasonably. When I arrived to pick up the car, Aaron gave me a full tour of the facility, including some special cars in the vault. And he sent me home with a goodie bag of awesome RS loot!!!

Although I did not buy my car from them, they treated me like a rock star. I was so impressed by their “customer is king” philosophy that my next mega car purchase will be from Road Scholars.

Here’s a shot of my car in the immaculate RS service bay, awaiting the spa treatment...... Definitely in some good company here......
Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2017, 11:48 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

This is the shop that works on my car! Not only do I get to drop/pick up my car at an immaculate shop with some of the rarest Porsches in the world. It also gives you a lot of confidence in there ability when you see the cars they work on a daily basis. Aaron, Tim and the rest of the crew are truly first class.

Let me know if you guys are in the area again!

Old 11-01-2017, 04:10 PM
DTMLGND
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Visit to Road Scholars, NC

[QUOTE=911Jetta;14573867]This is the shop that works on my car! Not only do I get to drop/pick up my car at an immaculate shop with some of the rarest Porsches in the world. It also gives you a lot of confidence in there ability when you see the cars they work on a daily basis. Aaron, Tim and the rest of the crew are truly first class.

Let me know if you guys are in the area again!

Nice! Great shots. Lucky you

Will do!
Old 11-03-2017, 09:05 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,952 Likes on 1,181 Posts

Good stuff.

RS always gets a

Any more pictures of the SCRS? I passed on one many years ago.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:17 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Good stuff.

RS always gets a

Any more pictures of the SCRS? I passed on one many years ago.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:34 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,952 Likes on 1,181 Posts

Thank you sir.

Should have known you had a bunch of detailed shots. A special car that has been somewhat forgotten about.

Quick Reply: Visit to Road Scholars, NC