Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have this manual ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003 | 12:26 AM
Flatsixer
Instructor

Default Anyone have this manual ?

Just noticed in the Dec. issue of Excellence that Bentley has a manual or book entitled: Porsche 911 Carrera 964: 1989-1994 Technicians handbook without guesswork. I know this is probably not a new title. Does anyone own it and would it be of benefit to a 964 novice like me ? I have ordered a copy of Adrian's book as well. Regards, Brady
Old 11-27-2003 | 01:57 AM
PC2
Burning Brakes

I'm a novice too and I highly recommend it. It's really handy when trying figure out where everything is. It also have lots of specifications that are not in the owner's manual. And if I'm not mistaken, I think both Adrian and Jeff Curtis are contributing editors or authors.
Old 11-27-2003 | 03:19 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Dear Peter,
No I was not a contributor or author in this book. I was asked at the very end to help out a little bit. Simply because this is when I started my relationship with Bentley for my book.
Jeff, Bill and Tom (now a Corvette driver) did FAR FAR more towards this book than I ever did. I did not believe my contribution warranted a mention actually. Credit should be given where credit is due and I do not deserve any credit for this product. The 964 handbook only covers the US models. Much is the same of course but if you cannot find a reference to your model it becomes confusing. The engine section and the torque values are extremely valuable for the serious DIY person.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4

Quick Reply: Anyone have this manual ?