Got my personalized plates!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 07:05 PM
MelissaM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"...David's triumph was heard throughout the land...."
Yah, that Triumph had a rusted out British exhaust and boy was it loud!!

Old 11-26-2003, 01:10 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After a 12 week wait for my personalized plates a card came in the mail Monday to say they were ready! So yesterday I went to the DMV and I spent 4 hours in line to collect them.....and guess what??? They had misspelt it!!!!! So now another 12 week wait! <groans>
Old 11-26-2003, 02:05 PM
MelissaM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a 12 week wait for my personalized plates a card came in the mail Monday to say they were ready! So yesterday I went to the DMV and I spent 4 hours in line to collect them.....and guess what??? They had misspelt it!!!!! So now another 12 week wait! <groans>
That's too bad! Makes you wonder if they noticed it misspelled and said, "Good enough for government work."

Definitely make an appointment when they're ready in 12 weeks. You can do so on the DMV site (appointments) . I did this, and I was in and out of there in 15 minutes.

By the way, what's on your personalized plates?

-- Melissa
Old 11-26-2003, 02:36 PM
jrb964
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in Arizona you can get your personalized plates "on line". It allows the serching to see what is taken and what is available, write a brief explaination, pay your $25, order the plates, and wait four weeks. We also have private "licensing" offices where if you have to go to DMV you can go to them and be treated nicely by a private company employee who "wants" your business. The cost for this rainges of $5.00 per transaction up. So much more civil....no waiting in long lines.

Can the government stand competition....?

Quick Reply: Got my personalized plates!