Detailed instructions on how to install MBC

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 02:30 AM
Ztriumph11
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailed instructions on how to install MBC

Hi everyone,

Looking for some help - I installed the vitesse DME and 3 bar FPR but can't sort out how to install the MBC. I've been searching for a few days now but closest I can find is Daniels install of MBC in cabin which doesnt help in terms of actually installing the hoses/lines and removing the CV.

I have the Venturi delete on the car and a stock setup aside from the chops and FPR. I'm somewhat handy but have only worked on OlderV8's, so clueless on how to install this.

Anything with pictures would be great, but really focused on how to remove CV and install the MBC.

thanks in advance!
Old 07-01-2017, 09:55 AM
PorscheFanatic202
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Parts/TECHMBC.html
Old 07-13-2017, 01:00 PM
Ztriumph11
3rd Gear

Thanks - I found that earlier in my searching. I'm really looking to understand if i need to take off the intake to disconnect the Cycling valve or whether i can just block the tubes at the bolt and WG and run new lines to the MBC from there. I would prefer to not have to take off my intake to set up the MBC. Anyone have relevant experience they can share with me?

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2017, 02:20 PM
red44T
Racer

You do not need to take the intake manifold off. Unplug the cycling valve, then get at the few bolts with patience.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:22 PM
red44T
Racer

If you want detailed how to, tell us what wastegate you're running, aftermarket Maf? After deleting the cycling valve I used the old cycling valve plug as 12v switched power for my rogue maf
Old 07-13-2017, 03:11 PM
Ztriumph11
3rd Gear

Thanks for the reply red. I'm running a bone stock '86 944 Turbo with the exceptions being: Vitesse DME, 3bar FPR, Test pipe, shimmed WG

I'm trying to see if I can just re-use the existing tubing from the CV and tie my MBC into the existing hoses, or whether i need to plug the ones form the CV and run new lines to the bolt and WG. The MBC is a ceramic ball and spring model.

I can turn a wrench OK (easy to do the DME and FPR) and have worked a lot on older v8 cars, but this is my first turbo car and its a different animal (plus its more modern than I'm used to...). With the Vitesse DME I'm probably running rich at stock boost levels so want to increase to 14lbs or so, plus I'm hoping it corrects (somewhat) some of the boost creep higher in the RPM range.

Appreciate any help/guidance.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:12 AM
red44T
Racer

Instead of reusing lines, I would start anew. You can fish lines underneath the intake manifold quite easily.

1. Disconnect the power plug to the CV
2. Plug the hose the goes to the j boot from underneath intake manifold at the front of the car.
3. Run hose from MBC to wastegate
4. Run hose from MBC to banjo bolt on the hard pipe connecting your turbo to intercooler.

I believe that's it, but if you do feel so inclined, deleting the venturi is the way to go. Taking off the fuel rail/intake manifold takes very little time following the Pelican Parts DIY.

Quick Reply: Detailed instructions on how to install MBC