Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Door handle linkage / Roll pin keeps falling out

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 01:43 PM
Nashvegas
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Door handle linkage / Roll pin keeps falling out

Replaced the drivers door handle linkage (86 951) about 2 months ago. The image is the piece I replaced.

Anyway, all well until the other day, tried the door, heard something fall in the door... and the exterior door handle doesn't work. Good news = Turns out the handle is NOT broken, the roll pin came out.

QUESTION: Is is possible to put the roll pin back in from the exterior ? (the way the mechanism is... not sure, I have full access but can't get the mechanism turned in the right direction)

I also got new roll pins from the Porsche place... but I think it needs a circlip on the end. Saw this on a few other threads but never resolved. This is the new pin in the 2nd pic. (apologies to the other poster who's photo I ... borrowed)
Attached Images   
Old 06-22-2017, 09:34 PM
Nashvegas
Racer

Solved. Found it after a few trips to various establishments today.

A 1/8" e-clip works great. Probably something you can get at your local shop/auto parts store.
Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2017, 09:07 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

what is the part number for that updated pin? I have the same issue, but as a temp solution, i put a wire tie through the pin to keep it from falling out. Only problem now its making noise.Thanks
Old 06-24-2017, 09:08 AM
Nashvegas
Racer

The updated pin is 94453763700. The circlip (as above) is just a 1/8" e-clip. Buy more e-clips than you need because they're tiny and I lost a few from flying off before I got one seated properly. Once on, it's perfect.

Updated pin was a few bucks ($3) from Auto Atlanta, and they got for me same day / next day. Props to them !

Quick Reply: Door handle linkage / Roll pin keeps falling out