Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 09:11 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Thom
No one seems to have mentioned the single wall factory downpipe as fitted to a low number of very early cars?
I have never seen a single wall down pipe I bet that was the first 85 951's sold only in Europe. But here on the states they were all double layers
Old 06-28-2017, 12:11 AM
TheAllusionist
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a list somewhere of changes that occurred to the 951? Obviously what previous owners have changed isn't predictable, but I find things like my 1986 944 turbo has the early style sun roof motor set up. That then gets me to wondering if the new switch I bought for the sun roof when it was acting up is for the late model motor set up? They are probably all just 3 way switches but I start to question things when I read online sources like Clarks Garage to fix something and I realize I have early style..... I don't have the steel control arms so I thought it wasn't real early version, but it has an LSD transmission but the option sticker doesn't call for one, so someone could have put aluminum control arms as well but I doubt it.

So Lart can I get the date of my car and then compare to some list to figure out what it has where! LOL

Quick Reply: Is 944 Turbo S Downpipe Larger