Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey Racing GREAT customer service!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 11:15 AM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Did you all know that after 10 years any car manufacturer doesn't have to make parts for any vehicle they make? Thank you LR for helping supply parts, and super nice parts at that, for high priced Porsche's and having to deal with Porsche people. LR has help keep our 30+ year old cars on the road with excellent service. It's not easy to do what they do. That's why not many are. Dave and Mike are very helpful. They have answered many questions I have had. I have many, many LR parts on my car because of their amazing support and passion for excellent parts. If it has LR engraved in the part then it's a true LR part. They can't make everything and do a very good job supplying parts from other vendors to make our ordering process easier. They do an amazing job helping so many of us rennlisters, let alone those who don't even get on Rennlist. Thank you Dave and Mike Lindsey for helping provide very nice quality parts and providing excellent customer service I would like to most definitely add for our 30+ year old porsche's.

Last edited by Humboldtgrin; 06-23-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:54 PM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

Well the Disk Just looks good hanging on the wall, I really dont have any use for it... If I ever decide to get out of the 951 Game... There is going to be allot of happy 944 people at the Hershey Swap meet...
Old 06-22-2017, 10:38 AM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
I've had more trouble with Lindsey in the last 8 months than I have in the previous 8 years. Mostly little things, but they also directed me to fry my M-tune chip board and wanted me to pay full retail to replace it.

PS don't expect the spec stage 2 to be any more robust than a stock clutch. I installed mine over the winter, and the disc just failed this past weekend. Not exactly what I was looking for when I "upgraded". Apparently the kevlar is sensitive to temperature and if it overheats once its completely finished. Sending it off to South Bend to get it rebuilt.
We directed you to fry your M-Tune board? How did we do that?

We don't talk people into SPEC Stage 2 clutches. We talk them out of them and guide them into the Stage 3 hybrid. I'm certain you made your own decision on what to purchase or went against our advise if you were asking. It sounds like either it wasn't broken in properly, or you exceeded its capabilities. Most likely the former. It is the model we have seen problems with which is why for about 10 years, we don't recommend them. We do however sell them and some people like them.
Other 1-405-947-0137
Old 06-22-2017, 10:48 AM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GPA951s
That happened to me too, i had a SPEC stage 3 disk (complete setup) that I took out of my 89 Turbo-s to put into my track-car (Going back to stock on the 89). I put a stage 2 disk in instead of the stage 3-and it Chatters like hell, one time downshifting it chattered so hard my rear view mirror fell off.. Anyhow, Everything seemed fine till I over-boosted the car and at 40 mph with posi and Toyo's something had to slip and it was the clutch, afterwards it would not hold 10 psi of boost. This was the night before I was going to Watkins Glen with the track car. I ended up at 9:30 at night taking the clutch out and putting in my stage 3, had a friend helping me, just to make it to the track the next day. We finished the clutch job at 12:30AM , It was a Record setting clutch change for me on a Turbo...(3 hrs) Im NOT impressed with spec at all. I have a stage 2 in my 86 turbo and really have not had any issues, other than my wife doesn't like driving it becasue its hard to take off at a light because there is not much reciprocating weight on the clutch and can stall the car easily.. So now I have a Stage 2 Frisbee, and it doesn't even fly well.....Going back to a cup clutch setup....
When you over boosted your car, you most likely exceeded the clutches capability and you glazed the disc. The Kevlar disc is fussy on install and break in. This doesn't sound the fault of SPEC, but the fault of an over boost accident. Would it still be in your car had that not happened? I don't know where you got your replacement disc, but like our previous reply on this thread, it wasn't under our advise if it was from us. We would definitely have recommended the Stage 3 Hybrid in your case even not knowing HP, but by the fact it's a track car.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:39 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Lindsey
We directed you to fry your M-Tune board? How did we do that?

We don't talk people into SPEC Stage 2 clutches. We talk them out of them and guide them into the Stage 3 hybrid. I'm certain you made your own decision on what to purchase or went against our advise if you were asking. It sounds like either it wasn't broken in properly, or you exceeded its capabilities. Most likely the former. It is the model we have seen problems with which is why for about 10 years, we don't recommend them. We do however sell them and some people like them.
Lindsey racing had nothing to do with my spec clutch, i was merely pointing out that in my direct experience the spec stage 2 is not as robust as a stock part, and to be careful.

Dave Lindsey told me that selling the M-tune for 2 years was just not enough time for me to expect him to know how to tune the system. I needed to use an ostrich tuner, and he told me I would "just have to plug it in and see what happens". Well, I did, and it damaged the chip board. I was fine with paying something to correct the mistake since we were both trying to learn something at the time.... but when he told me the repair was around $400 for $25 worth of chip board I lost a lot of respect for your company. 2 years is long enough in any other tech field that the product would already be obsolete. There's no excuse not to know how to tune it. If you hang everyone out to dry like that, I suspect that M-tune will be obsolete and VEMS will be the mainstay within 2 to 5 years. I've bought a lot of parts from LR over the years, and I've stood up for you publicly when people complain about pricing....... however, I don't appreciate being raped. I even tried to pass information back through Dave as I learned because I really like the M-tune package as a whole, but he was more interested in blaming josh for holding his ECU hostage than getting free information from the field. You can get a new ECU from Lart for a couple hundred dollars, that's a sad excuse for a company who "specializes" in old porsches
Old 06-29-2017, 03:39 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Lindsey racing had nothing to do with my spec clutch, i was merely pointing out that in my direct experience the spec stage 2 is not as robust as a stock part, and to be careful.

Dave Lindsey told me that selling the M-tune for 2 years was just not enough time for me to expect him to know how to tune the system. I needed to use an ostrich tuner, and he told me I would "just have to plug it in and see what happens". Well, I did, and it damaged the chip board. I was fine with paying something to correct the mistake since we were both trying to learn something at the time.... but when he told me the repair was around $400 for $25 worth of chip board I lost a lot of respect for your company. 2 years is long enough in any other tech field that the product would already be obsolete. There's no excuse not to know how to tune it. If you hang everyone out to dry like that, I suspect that M-tune will be obsolete and VEMS will be the mainstay within 2 to 5 years. I've bought a lot of parts from LR over the years, and I've stood up for you publicly when people complain about pricing....... however, I don't appreciate being raped. I even tried to pass information back through Dave as I learned because I really like the M-tune package as a whole, but he was more interested in blaming josh for holding his ECU hostage than getting free information from the field. You can get a new ECU from Lart for a couple hundred dollars, that's a sad excuse for a company who "specializes" in old porsches
If the SPEC Stage 2 clutch had nothing to do with us, then why did you post something about it in the same breath on a thread about LR?

This is just like the Fake New on TV.

If you want to blame us because you plugged something into something you shouldn’t have, even though we never instructed you to do anything the sort, then so be it.

If you damaged your board because of your own experimentation, and requested a replacement, you would have been asked to pay Retail, less your jobber discount. Had we sent you a defective board, we would of given you the part and free shipping. That part is $350 btw. I don’t have any record of selling you a replacement so I’ll assume for now we didn’t. So either our detailed records are off (not likely), it was under some other name (possible), you bought one from Rogue (doubtful), you fixed it yourself (probably not, but I don’t know what was broke or burnt up) or maybe it never happened the way you say it did or never at all. We don’t manufacture that part, we get it from Rogue. Somebody might have $25 in it, but it’s not us.

I have never had a customer or shop EVER call me and tell me or try to tell me about their experience using a Ostridge with a M-Tune. It just has never happened. So you feel you got advised to do something that caused problems, then you wrote us off after getting or trying to get, what did you say, raped, then you got on the phone and generously passed information back to us?!?!?

Dave Lindsey
Old 06-29-2017, 04:32 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike Lindsey
I have never had a customer or shop EVER call me and tell me or try to tell me about their experience using a Ostridge with a M-Tune. It just has never happened. So you feel you got advised to do something that caused problems, then you wrote us off after getting or trying to get, what did you say, raped, then you got on the phone and generously passed information back to us?!?!?

Dave Lindsey
Dave, you're a liar.

Learn how to use the products that you sell.

Don't blame the customer for following your advice when it doesn't work

I never said I didn't have any part in the damage, but you played a part, and it was rape to ask me to pay full retail.

I fixed the parts myself.

Please check the dates on my emails below and then double check your records library to cross check what expert advice you may have given on those days.

If you don't want your company name in the same breath as aftermarket parts that are sub standard to stock components you should not sell them. Just because you didn't tell me to get a garbage clutch doesn't mean I shouldn't warn your customers to be careful with fragile parts.

I tried to feed information back to you so that you could understand the product you sell because in general I think the M-tune product is nicer than the stand alone options. But you seem determined to run it into the ground.
Attached Images   
Old 06-29-2017, 07:10 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

If you don't have anything nice to say on this thread about LR then take it somewhere else please, this is a thread to thank LR not irritate everyone and talk $iht. We all see what happened. $iht happens. And by the sound of it David didn't advise you to do and use what you did or to do what you did. If you knew you were the ginny pig on testing that ostrich cable out with the DME then it sounds like you knew what possible outcome could have happened right? I know better then to do that. It sounds like David actually told you that he didn't know what would happen and it would be a "test" or "experiment", if someone uses those words with me then that means they don't know. Well if David doesn't know then it's best not to just do whatever and wire items to your DME without knowing everything about the circuits. Did you ask anyone on rennlist or just David? Did you start a thread on the subject? What was the census if you did? And David doesn't build the DME they sell. He can make a chip for you for your stock DME and KLR and turn your mild machine into wild machine. The LR brothers are great business men and major major Porsche 951 enthusiasts, thankfully because we are running out of vendors for our 30 plus year old machines. Dave you rock, Mike you rock too. Thank you both for teaching me, as well as others, what I didn't know about my 951 before I asked LR. Again thank you LR. And thank you to all the other vendors out there for helping our machines stay in great shape with the stock or aftermarket parts that are offered. And many thanks to everyone who likes to help out in the rennlist tech forum. This is a great website for information from people all over the world on our 951's and totally worth the membership fees.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Humboldtgrin
If you don't have anything nice to say on this thread about LR then take it somewhere else please, this is a thread to thank LR not irritate everyone and talk $iht. We all see what happened. $iht happens. And by the sound of it David didn't advise you to do and use what you did or to do what you did. If you knew you were the ginny pig on testing that ostrich cable out with the DME then it sounds like you knew what possible outcome could have happened right? I know better then to do that. It sounds like David actually told you that he didn't know what would happen and it would be a "test" or "experiment", if someone uses those words with me then that means they don't know. Well if David doesn't know then it's best not to just do whatever and wire items to your DME without knowing everything about the circuits. Did you ask anyone on rennlist or just David? Did you start a thread on the subject? What was the census if you did? And David doesn't build the DME they sell. He can make a chip for you for your stock DME and KLR and turn your mild machine into wild machine. The LR brothers are great business men and major major Porsche 951 enthusiasts, thankfully because we are running out of vendors for our 30 plus year old machines. Dave you rock, Mike you rock too. Thank you both for teaching me, as well as others, what I didn't know about my 951 before I asked LR. Again thank you LR. And thank you to all the other vendors out there for helping our machines stay in great shape with the stock or aftermarket parts that are offered. And many thanks to everyone who likes to help out in the rennlist tech forum. This is a great website for information from people all over the world on our 951's and totally worth the membership fees.
I used to feel exactly the same way you did until I actually needed support trying to use a product *as advertised. I hope your luck continues. It's pretty clear that Dave would rather lie about what happened that admit a mistake. Vote with your wallet, I know I will continue to do so.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:26 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I used to feel exactly the same way you did until I actually needed support trying to use a product *as advertised. I hope your luck continues. It's pretty clear that Dave would rather lie about what happened that admit a mistake. Vote with your wallet, I know I will continue to do so.
If sending me a email I never read is the same as you calling me, which is what I said you no one has done, then I guess I'm a liar and I'll accept that. I know I'm not, which is all I care about, but if it will make you feel better then keep bashing me. I don't give a crap and believe me when I say I can sleep at night just fine.

I support everybody who has ever purchased a M-Tune. You got supported as well. You asked for a bin file, I sent you a bin file so you could on you own play with something we haven't.

Now that I know who you are, I'm actually able to search emails. I was looking for Auto Werks. Nothing in your emails or e-mail address with that that in it.

You ought to go back and read your emails telling me how awesome your car runs and how you love the Super 61 turbo etc. Everything you asked for I supplied that I could. What I didn't supply is anything telling you to screw up your board.

Accept your tuning attempt failure as your mistake, and quit blaming us for your ****-up. You say in your own emails how you waist our time. I guess you just wasted some more.

I'll still be happy to support any Lindsey Racing product we sell that you have because that's what we do. If you want to spend you dollars elsewhere, that's your choice.

I've seen enough Fake News for this week. Outta Here!
Old 06-29-2017, 09:41 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Vote with my wallet? I have given away and lost more money then I have into my 951. And I have a lot in my 951. Money comes and goes, money is just another tool. I would rather have and empty wallet and a smile then a full wallet and a frown. That's how I was raised I guess.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:00 AM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

All this seems pretty clear, a Reputable business is offering a product for use a certain way, Abuse the product or Screw with it and you cannot expect them to eat the cost of the product. Lindsey STANDS BEHIND their products! I had an issue 6 years ago with a new part, DAVE IMMEDIATELY sent me the replacement parts to make it right. As far as cost? Well, 1- The name "Porsche" to my knowledge has never been associated with the the word "cheap" ... 2- They obviously spend an exorbitant amount of time with R and D,+ Design stuff in cad, CNC the parts Overhead ECT. All that costs them money, Their time is obviously worth something and when you call with questions they pass information along willingly to their customers, they are always willing to share info and point you in the right direction. They are making a living with what they are passionate about. I am on my 4th 951 and still own Three of them, I posted earlier in this tread that I smoked my spec clutch, YEA, I DID it, Tossed 30+ lbs of boost at the car with a monster turbocharger that I have on it with Toyo R888's on the street and rolling 30 mph hit. Something had to give. My fault and I own it. I purchased the clutches Direct from Spec over 10 years ago, Met the Rep from spec at waterfest, Had I actually called Dave or Mike, and asked, I would of saved myself some trouble..
Any 951/944 fan should be thanking these Gentleman, for helping 944/951 community keep their cars road AND Track worthy !

Quick Reply: Lindsey Racing GREAT customer service!