Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Stolen items from me

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 05:09 AM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Stolen items from me

I recently had several items stole that I hoped everyone could keep an eye out for me if at all please.

porsche logo inside door handles (sucks because there super super hard to find and cost $150)
rennline short harness mounts
new factory 944 battery harness
new factory 944 alternator harness
new 944 battery cover
new powder coated black stainless steel sunroof visor clips
new 951 throttle body screw
10 firewall zip ties

two packages were stolen out of my yard worth $365 and the unubtanuim Porsche logo inside door handles and rennline short mounts were stolen out of my car at the shop it is at. I have already open a police report
if anyone has a set of the handles they would sell me I would be interested because the set I just bought were the second set I have ever seen in 17 years. Thank you very much.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:51 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

So someone working at the shop stole them.......????? Stolen from 2 different locations. Person had to know what they were looking for.

Sorry to hear. Hope they get what's coming to them. Bullet comes to mind
Old 05-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That sucks mate. keep checking ebay and Craigslist. Unless someone knew what they took, it'll most likely be useless to them.
Local wrecking yards possibly?
Old 05-02-2017, 12:04 PM
951Dreams
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

The packages likely they didn't know what they were taking. But inside the car at the shop?? Maybe they did know what it was, but I'd bet likely they just took what was there. Were they installed and they removed the door handles? If so, then yeah, it was someone who knew EXACTLY what they were and what they were worth. But kinda hard to resale, only so many places and you would be watching them all....
Old 05-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

The handles and rennline mounts were setting in a box together on the driver seat. Didn't install them yet. The car was in the shop at the time. It was moved outside without me knowing. It's been inside since I said something. It's just a bummer. I even have video of the two packages being stolen from my yard and a name of the person but the cops are doing nothing about it.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:06 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Wow that is some great Police work where you live. WTF
Sorry to hear. That really is frustrating.

Originally Posted by Humboldtgrin
The handles and rennline mounts were setting in a box together on the driver seat. Didn't install them yet. The car was in the shop at the time. It was moved outside without me knowing. It's been inside since I said something. It's just a bummer. I even have video of the two packages being stolen from my yard and a name of the person but the cops are doing nothing about it.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:07 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that's just plain not right of the police not to follow up if you have video and know who the person is. Is that a Northern California thing with all the cops up there? I think we've all seen the video's of the violent protesting and damage to property up there with the police just standing by watching it happen.

Trending Topics

Old 05-02-2017, 08:00 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

If you know who it is, maybe you can arrange a sting? Nothing super professional, just local buddies. Act like they're in the market for misc. Porsche parts. Unless he knows he's under suspicion, in which case I'm sure he dumped everything.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:55 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have physical evidence?? and they won't do anything about it? wtf
Old 05-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 409 Posts

Strange that somebody would stole such specific items/parts.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:45 PM
beamishnz
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

So sorry to hear that. I can imagine how hugely frustrating that must be. Extreme bad luck to have 2 separate theft episodes.

For the the items lost from the shop - have you checked with the person who dove the car out. If the items were in the drivers seat then he would have had to move them. Under seat? Glove locker? Floor by back seats? In the workshop? Speak to the guy. Seems so strange. Such specific parts to steal.

In the meanwhile I'll keep my eyes open for any relevant listings.

P
Old 05-04-2017, 06:53 PM
lee101315
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grab a couple of buddies, track him down, and force him to give the parts back to you plus cash for not contacting the police on the spot or double of what they are worth in cash.

Then beat him up to teach him that stealing is a dangerous sport...

I really despise thieves if you haven't noticed, your story makes my blood boil. I hope you have a happy ending to this fiasco.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:06 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

+1000000

Nothing like chop chop Friday in Saudi Arabia. Off with a hand

Originally Posted by lee101315
Grab a couple of buddies, track him down, and force him to give the parts back to you plus cash for not contacting the police on the spot or double of what they are worth in cash.

Then beat him up to teach him that stealing is a dangerous sport...

I really despise thieves if you haven't noticed, your story makes my blood boil. I hope you have a happy ending to this fiasco.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

I would rather not go to jail for life or any amount of time for chopping off anyone's hand or beating the crap out of them. Everyone knows a thief it's lier and they will tell on you too to the law as well. I'm not willing to risk all I have for some idiots. I've given much more away then what was taken over the years. I'm just bummed about the door handles because there so rare.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:57 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Ya I get it......wasn't really being serious but I really hate hearing about this sort of thing happening to good people like yourself.
It just seems that there is no consequence for thieves today and people like you have to pay the price.

I would rather not go to jail for life or any amount of time for chopping off anyone's hand or beating the crap out of them. Everyone knows a thief it's lier and they will tell on you too to the law as well. I'm not willing to risk all I have for some idiots. I've given much more away then what was taken over the years. I'm just bummed about the door handles because there so rare.

Quick Reply: Stolen items from me