944 MAF Hose Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 01:43 AM
red44T
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 944 MAF Hose Question

Hello,

I'm installing a Rogue MAF and I'm confused as to where this extra hose goes or is it deleted? There are not enough holes in the MAF to accommodate this hose. (the hose that I'm holding )

Second question is do I need to replace the hose that I am pointing at to make it fit. The factory hose has a metal fitting on the end that went into the stock intake boot.

This may be vague but hopefully someone can help..

Thanks.

PS: Last question. Does anyone know where i can find a proper sized cone filter for this MAF setup to fit behind the headlight.
Attached Images   
Old 03-05-2017, 11:53 AM
red44T
Racer

Up
Old 03-05-2017, 02:23 PM
PorscheFanatic202
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

If i'm not mistaking which hoses you are referring to in the pictures, the first picture is the AOS top hose. The second smaller hose is a pressure/vacuum line that connects to the cycling valve/boost controller and the first hard intake pipe.

This link to Lindsey Racing may be of use. Its a good, easy to read vacuum diagram.

https://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Parts/VACDIA.html
Old 03-05-2017, 10:47 PM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

The smaller of the two typically gets deleted when adding a manual boost controller.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:30 PM
red44T
Racer

Default Thanks

Thanks for the help guys. Brantley, do you know where I delete the tube from? From the maf it feeds to a metal male end just before going under the intake manifold. Do I just plug that male end or should I dig deeper. Thanks
Old 03-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

The "metal squid" under the intake manifold is made up of three lines... 1) Banjo Bolt to CV 2) j-boot to CV 3) large j-boot to AOS.

Will you be running a manual boost controller and deleting the cycling valve?

The other end of the metal tube goes to the cycling valve re: item 2. You can leave the metal tube unplugged if deleting the CV. You have to cap it on the j-boot side (else that would be an intake leak).

I eliminated the metal squid using a manual boost controller, deleting the CV and a replacement line for the j-boot to AOS from lindsay racing.

https://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Por...OS-102-XL.html
Old 03-07-2017, 11:41 PM
red44T
Racer

Default Hose

ok, yes I'm using a manual boost controller so I guess I am delete the CV. I haven't taken the intake manifold off yet so maybe I'll understand better once that's off. I do need that replacement hose though? The only thing confusing me is the Lindsey's diagram is with the Venturi delete which I don't have. Thanks for you help.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by red44T
ok, yes I'm using a manual boost controller so I guess I am delete the CV. I haven't taken the intake manifold off yet so maybe I'll understand better once that's off. I do need that replacement hose though? The only thing confusing me is the Lindsey's diagram is with the Venturi delete which I don't have. Thanks for you help.
It'll definitely make more sense once the intake manifold is off...

You can keep the metal squid (specifically for the larger pipe on it) so that extra hose would be optional.

Attached the Lindsay image that sounds like the routing you should have in the end. Note that the larger line from the j-boot to AOS (the option hose) is not represented on this one.
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2017, 02:00 PM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

That hose goes to you Air Oil Seperator, it takes the oil vapor/ mist if there is any and tosses back into the intake to be burned. I just re-route my AOS to a simple catch can. Its only atmosphere..
Old 03-19-2017, 12:04 AM
red44T
Racer

Thanks guys!
Old 08-09-2017, 02:01 AM
jeffro951
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would look at VEMS, I have M-tune and by comparison and what you get my next project will be running VEMS.

Quick Reply: 944 MAF Hose Question