Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Dyno again & lindsey fuel rail

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 12:15 AM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dyno again & lindsey fuel rail

After installing the Lindsey fuel rail I dropped my fuel pressure from 3 bar to 2.5 bar since I run big injectors and a decent fuel pump. That necessitated remapping the fuel and another trip to the dyno. I posted a dyno chart a week or so ago and it basically gave me 300 HP at 15PSI with a less than ideal fuel curve. After tidying up the fuel curve on the Dyno on Friday I came up with these results:

I guess the point to note is that around 20HP was gained by sorting out the fuel mixtures. I am really happy with how this setup is performing at 15PSI. I haven't really played around with the intake plumbing /intercooler yet so I am tempted to go down that route to see just how much quantifiable difference it will make.

I took the car to the track on Friday for a weekend DE at TWS and everything held up very well with the new fuel rail & lines. My only issue with it is that the injector pulses (clicking) are being carried into the cabin via the metal hard lines (I suspect) and it is annoyingly loud when sitting at idle. I picked up on this problem prior to heading to the track but did not have much time to do anything about it. I am hoping the noise can be reduced with some improved isolation of the fuel system components from the bodywork.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:50 AM
dand86951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations, the charts look great. You've obviously got the car tuned very well and the results look good.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:06 AM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Great numbers for 15lbs. boost. Very nice.

Quick Reply: Dyno again & lindsey fuel rail