Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Cam Timing Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 10:41 PM
Player0
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Dropped Michael Mount a line and he was kind enough to put up with another question from me. He recommended measuring the valve at peak lift, and seeing if that lines up. Other sites call this the 'centerline method'.

Anyway. Feeling much better now. Takes the hydraulic lifters out of the equation, and really most measurement deviations caused by angles on the lifter. I'm getting an intake center line of 115.75. Cam card lists 112 center line.

So cam timing looks a wee bit retarded based on that. But that's a much more comforting number.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:42 PM
numbskull
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That must be the shiniest water pump pulley on the internet! My 8v 3.0 is in 2nd time belt check as well, just waiting for time to rotate and recheck tension. What cam and sprocket are you using?
Old 02-15-2017, 08:02 AM
Player0
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the WebCam 274 and it's a LR adjustable cam gear. I still need to adjust the timing belt tension, or at least verify that the spring tensioner is doing the right thing. That will be this weekend, along with heat shields, water pipes, etc, etc.

Waiting on tax money to pick up the aftermarket EMS and all the sensors. Going to run coil-near-plug, sequential injection, etc. Picked up a cheap Bosch 044 pump and need to plan out the fuel system too. Looks like ID1050x injectors at this point.

Just can't wait to put this in the car. If weather permits, maybe in March. And then wiring done in... jun/jul... of 2023.

Quick Reply: Cam Timing Question