944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

what fuel pressure? (quick question)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003 | 02:32 PM
Ben Z.
Burning Brakes

Question what fuel pressure? (quick question)

What should I set the fuel pressure at (adjustable fpr)? I have stock injectors, will be running 15psi boost, have autothority chips. I read through the archives and was thinking like 37 psi was stock, just want to get this right.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2003 | 07:26 PM
dand86951
Burning Brakes

With the stock injectors and a stock afm, I believe the Autothority chips were progaramed to run the stock fuel pressure. That would be 2.5 bar or 36.25 psi, measured with the vac line disconnected. Since those chips were set for, I believe a max boost of 14 psi, you might up the pressure to 39 or 40. Too much and you will be way rich in the midrange, too little and you will be slightly too lean at max rpm. If you are in doubt at all get to a dyno and check afr. I ran those chips at 15 psi at the above pressures with stock afm and it ran fine.
Old 11-01-2003 | 08:27 PM
Ben Z.
Burning Brakes

Great, thanks! Ok, final question for today (I hope). Everything (vac lines, fuel rail, injectors is put back together and I am not getting any fuel flowing. Is the fuel pump supposed to pump fuel when the ignition is turned on? Any ideas? The larger steel fuel line is the supply line, right? I'll be double checking everything, any coments would be appreciated.
TIA
Old 11-02-2003 | 01:09 AM
Ben Z.
Burning Brakes

Quick update: Got everything hooked up, started it up. Unfortunately, it apears to be leaking gas from the body of one of the fuel injectors. I'm gonna see if I can pick one up locally tomorrow, otherwise I'll have to find alternate transportation back to school. Man, when it started up I thought I was finally done...

Quick Reply: what fuel pressure? (quick question)