Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Brake proportioning valve

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 12:24 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake proportioning valve

What is required to install one of the 928S4 proportioning valve on my car? Where do I get one, Paragon? Are these worth running with stock brake rotors?
Old 10-30-2003, 12:36 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

Paragon sells 'em and they are easy enough to install. Just bleed down the fluid level so it doesn't make a huge mess, disconnect the hard line, unscrew the old valve on the side of the master cylinder, screw the new one in, replace the line, and then bleed the brake system.

Regards,
Old 10-30-2003, 12:48 PM
tjbreen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the whole Paragon package 33/5, SS DOT lines, Metal Master pads, and four new solid rotors on my '87. Braking has been much improved but ABS would still help. I lock up my fronts on dry pavement and lock up my rears (first) occasionally in the wet. Probably as good a balance as you can get with stock '87 brakes but without an adjustable valve or ABS. At least all four rotors get warm now. The front lockup can be reduced significantly by easing into the pedal so the weight shifts.

Flare nut wrenches are required to get the line off and you have to be careful removing/installing the valve as it looks like it will come apart if you don't get the big wrench on the right hex surface. I had to use the channel locks over a soft cloth to get it moving.

Quick Reply: Brake proportioning valve