EBC plumping question with link 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 03:10 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default EBC plumping question with link 2

Hello,

I am running a EBC, nippon denso through my Link 2. I have noticed that most using ebc take a line off the bango bolt on the IC pipe to run to the waste gate. My unit is pumped off the MAP to the controller and from the controller to the top of the WG. Should I be using the bango bolt? The stock CBV is gone, has this caused any issues with the bango bolt connection? I am getting boost spikes... I have bought a Tial 38mm, so the issue may get resolved when I go dual port?

Also, can the vacum vannister in the engine bay on the fire wall side that kinda looks like a siren be removed? Ie just an emmissions thing?
Old 10-30-2003, 11:32 AM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Each different place along the intake will give you a different pressure reading, closest to the turbo will be the highest pressure (ie banjo bolt).

The vac cannister is used as a reservoir of vacuum to operate the heater/ac control flaps so leave it in place if you wouldl ike the heater/ac system to operate normally.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:37 AM
B951S
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

This might help, Just remember that with a 3 port solenoid hooked up to a Tail, the diagram on the left id the one to use. Make sure that when power to the solenoid is off, the top port on the tial is vented to atmosphere to result in spring pressure (lowest) boost only.
P.S. My Link 2 is in the mail!
Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2003, 01:13 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Ok, so what is currently happening to my banjo bolt with the stock CBV gone? Hmmmm. Is there a special connection to run a line off the banjo connector to a solenoid? B951S, I just hooked up a VDO intercooler sprayer off my Link! Sweeeeeet.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:15 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Hang on... are you saying that on a single port, such as our stock units, there is an inlet port on the side, and that this is where it should be plumbed? I though only on the top...
Old 10-30-2003, 03:53 PM
B951S
Rennlist Member

For the stocker, you are right, the diagram shows it on the side but it should be on top.

For dual port Tail do not use your factory CV. Just pipe up a line from the banjo bolt, split it and send one to the bottom of the Tial and one to the soleniod port that is shut off when not energised. Then, take a line from the top of the tial to the solenoid also. The 'comm' port of the solenoid should be connected to the top port of the Tial and the normally open port (unenergised) left open to atmosphere. The comm and normally open port are connected when unenergised.

The idea is that when the soleniod is off, the top of the tial is vented and the bottom sees maifold pressure resulting in low boost. When the Link switches in the soleniod, manifold pressure is connected to both sides of the tial, equilizing it and increasing boost. The duty cycle will drive the available boost....
Old 10-30-2003, 05:03 PM
B951S
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by NZ951
I just hooked up a VDO intercooler sprayer off my Link! Sweeeeeet.
NZ951
please share your intercooler spay set up, it sounds cool. what nozzles did you use, what pump, where did you locate the nozzles etc etc
Old 10-31-2003, 12:08 AM
NZ951
Race Director

I am using a VDO pump which sits upright on the window washer res., and an adj nozzle which I am using some of my Lindsey vac hose to pump up. I am currently getting an al. intercooler duct made so that I may mount the nozzle in that... best place for it as it angles up right to it... Not too much room under there. The stock plastic duct is gone burgers. I could get together a kit for you once it is all sorted including the ducting, nozzle and pump with fitting instructions, you need a relay also when running off the Link 2. Just a thought at this stage in terms of the ic sprayer kit... I am sure you can do it all yourself however...
Old 10-31-2003, 12:18 AM
NZ951
Race Director

PS whats the best way to split the banjo?
Old 10-31-2003, 12:32 AM
NZ951
Race Director

More importantly, of the metal pipe assembly that the banjo bolt and other feeds run to, should that be gone when using a MAP based electronic boot controlling system?
Old 10-31-2003, 01:40 PM
Mike S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a dual port Tial and reliaboost (CV removed) how would you set it up?
Old 10-31-2003, 04:16 PM
B951S
Rennlist Member

NZ, lets make sure were talking about the same banjo, its the large one on the steel pipe on the outlet of the turbo, not the ones between the runners on the inlet manifold!!!!!. I just took some quality 7mm hose from that banjo and put a junction in it and then proceeded to plum up to the tial as described. There is NO change to the plumbing to the small banjo bolts on the inlet manifold.

As far as rigging up a reliaboost to a two port tial, I would just leave the top vented and put the reliaboost inline with the side port connection. I suppose you could also plum both sides to the pressure source and place the reliaboost in line with the top port also. Not sure which set up would work the best though....
Old 10-31-2003, 05:57 PM
NZ951
Race Director

B951S, Yup, talking about the one on the IC pipe... So what happens to that assembly it was pumbed into? I am running WG stock at the mo, will wait for tial to come before I try to get it going again.

Quick Reply: EBC plumping question with link 2