Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

K27/6 Rebuild/Install/all hoses and lines done!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 01:12 AM
NCLA951
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default K27/6 Rebuild/Install/all hoses and lines done!

Took my car for its first drive this afternoon after installing rebuilt/ported/polished K27/6 from exclusive turbo (nice looking and working so far! Just don't expect it quick!), replacing all vacuum lines, Venturi delete, all coolant and heater hoses, 55lb injectors, all intake couplings and j boot, retuned Max951 DME chip and ballast resistors for Siemens injectors, all the while I'm in there, new Bosch HV fuel pump and filter, and it feels great! I missed driving the car but work and family make projects last longer than anticipated. Didn't have the road to test more, but held boost much better that stock turbo, and boosts just as quick as before. Of course I could prob make a lot more from this set up if I went MAF, but wanted to keep it somewhat period for now. Sounds great with dynaflow race cat and straight pipe. I don't know how people did projects like these before rennlist, so many hints and tips here, especially when it came to turbo to intake clearance. LR also with the flush screw tutorial, thanks!

AFR looks to get to 10.8 at full boost, I will try a different FQS switch setting to see if I can get it to 11.5-11.8 ish under boost. Eventually will go standalone but one step at a time. Running 17PSI on MBC, LR Dual Port WG, 91 octane California shell. 3" downpipe to 3" exhaust.

So happy to get it back to the canyons and big Willow!

I left some cam tower patina so it doesn't forget it's roots almost 30 years ago in Stuttgart.

Old 10-01-2016, 01:08 PM
NCLA951
Racer

And in celebration I officially joined Rennlist! About time!
Old 10-02-2016, 12:02 AM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nicely done... and looks great!! Hope you enjoy it...

I'm still collecting parts for my turbo upgrade... hope I get to it sooner rather than later! This gives me some motivation!
Old 10-02-2016, 10:21 PM
NCLA951
Racer

Thanks! If I learned anything from this it's have as many parts as you can imagine you need before you start. So many boxes from PP, LR, etc etc. Twice as long (at least) and twice as much expensive (more) than thought, but happy with the result.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:16 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Looking good, glad it worked out well for you Sam.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:23 PM
NCLA951
Racer

Thanks Greg! It all came together, and after another drive today I'd agree with your description of the power, and I think the porting helps it out too. Your K27 rides again! I love the boost to redline, now I actually have to pay attention to redline, as it happens much quicker.

Quick Reply: K27/6 Rebuild/Install/all hoses and lines done!