Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need help with bizaare problem.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 05:40 AM
944crazy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need help with bizaare problem.

Hey guys, so I've done about 1800km on my rebuilt engine so far, and I am 99% happy with how it's going. There is just one really weird thing it does every now and then. It's only done it like 4 times so far, and I can't figure out what it might be. Basically, about 2 minutes or so after a cold start, it looses all power and won't idle properly (it feels like it's dying). This persists for about 10 to 15 seconds and after that the engine is perfectly fine again. And before it does it, it's fine as well, its just this brief window a couple minutes after a cold start...and it's only happened 4 times out of the many times I've started it since the rebuild. Has any one had anything like this before? I'm pretty stumped and don't even know where to begin trouble shooting.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:39 AM
Northern_aqs
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I had a similar intermittent problem exactly as you describe. I discovered an intermittent fault with my TPS when I installed my VEMS. Replaced the TPS and tested on the original DME and it went away.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:45 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Unfortunately this a very common problem on these cars. I had the same issue and it is about 90% cured now. It was the fuel pump check valve on my car. You may also check the temp sensor as they can cause the same issue. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Need help with bizaare problem.