Old 10-26-2003, 02:37 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Fuel line

I have a fuel line leaking, and i need to replace it. It is the small line that runs from the side of the fuel rail, underneath it, and goes to a small filter looking device. One of the longer fuel lines also connects to this filter. This may be the fuel damper? Anyways, i can not find a part number for this short line, and most of the fuel line kits i have seen are only for the 2 longer fuel lines. Anyone know a part number, or know where i can get this little guy. It looks like it just unscrews from the fuel rail and the bottom of the damper. it is about 5-6 inches long maybe. If i had a camera, i would just post a picture. I tried to find it on PET, with no success. Thanks for any info

Karl
Old 10-26-2003, 02:47 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

ok, i believe the part number is 944.110.413.02, so now i just need to know the cheapest place to get one?
Old 10-26-2003, 06:57 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Beware that if the line is original then it is crimped on and thus will need to be cut off and a new one crimped back in place. The alternative is to cut it off and put a line like SFR sells in it's place. Also, isn't this the line that was recalled by Porsche? Call a local dealer and give them your VIN# to see if your's was taken care of.

Whatever you do don't drive it until it's fixed. Enough of these cars go up in smoke as it is.
Old 10-26-2003, 07:15 PM
dand86951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will have to cut off the existing line using say a dremel disc. then the simplest and least expensive and probably one of the safest replacements is to go to a suto supply store and buy the appropriate length of fuel injection line in the size you need. take the hose with you. Make sure it is fuel injection grade hose as the pressures can get to 60 psi or so depending on which fuel pressure regulator you have.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:52 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

NOOOO dont cut the line. Just cut away that crimp. Under the crimp and inside the hose is a nice little barb for a new hose to slide right over. Use a pair of nippers to cut and peel back those crimps!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 11:28 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Uh, to me it looks like it just unscrews on both ends. Maybe there is something i am missing.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:38 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I know I have asked travis this, but are the XRP type setups such as SFR's any good for 3 bar plus fuel setups?
Old 10-27-2003, 12:15 AM
86944turbo
Racer

Change to -8 w/more than 450 H/P.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:51 AM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

One other thing, make sure that you let the pressure off the fuel rail before you start cutting. We used plenty of wet rags and a cutoff tool. Took the crimp down slooooowly, polished it back up and put on new lines.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:23 AM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Karl2bdc
Uh, to me it looks like it just unscrews on both ends. Maybe there is something i am missing.
Karl,

You are correct. It does unscrew on both ends. You are refering to the stubby line that comes off the front of the fuel rail, goes underneath and attaches to the Damper. I ordered mine from Paragon. I found it easy to install because I already had the Damper removed. might be a real pain to do with the Damper in place. However, like was posted, let car run and pull the fuel pump relay/fuse untill car dies, this will de-pressurize the rail--have plenty of catch rags for when you do remove the line. (If you decide to remove the Damper, Clark's Garage has a nice write-up). Good luck and don't drive the car untill you get it fixed.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:53 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Eric,

Thanks, thats exactly what i was looking for. The damper looks like it comes off very easy, so i will probably just remove that and remove and replace the old line with the new one with the damper off, then connect it to the fuel rail. I saw the screw ends on both sides, and was wondering how it would be that i would have to cut it off I found a hose at 944racing.com, and it looks like an easy replace. Thanks for all the help

Karl

Quick Reply: Fuel line