Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey exhaust muflers

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 05:31 PM
Stifler
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lindsey exhaust muflers

Anyone used another muffler on this system to quiet it down? With a large turbo its a bit on the loud side, need advice on a good alternative. Anyone running a sport cat,- will this quiet things down significantly?

"why advertise"
Old 10-26-2003, 11:51 AM
Chas
Pro

Stifler, could you tell us a little about the exhaust. How was the fit...how is the sound...how loud? Did you get the option of wastegate tie in? How did the install go? Which muffler did you get?
Old 10-26-2003, 01:38 PM
Stifler
Track Day

Chas, its great value, nicely made & fairly easy to install. Got the tie inn ok, Have the Lindsey muffler. The sound is fun but I would like it a little more discrete for the streets. Maybe a sport cat and/or a magnaflow will do the trick, or just a larger muffler ? Got the optional thermal coating, a great extra, it also make it a little more corotion safe. Dont use stainless bolts due to the reaction with the mild steel over time it makes corotion, use high grade alternative bolts. Just want to hear if someone has experiance with alternative mufflers & sizes etc on 951s. Much better spool up, better manifold pres. all over the register. Wide band shows small variation so had to bring the FPR up a tad.
Great for running large turbos etc., much better than a test pipe. The larger the turbo the larger the noise. Much less rasonance than in a stainless one-muffler system. Any ideas to solve the noise, --keep the lindsey muffler & ad a sport cat -or just go for a larger/differently designed muffler "only" -to keep max flow? Thanks for replys.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:05 PM
PorscheLars
Advanced

I also have this exh syst. with a k26-8/K27 flow prep turbo.

The sound is on the loud side and we also looking for some stuff. I will post it if we find som good parts.

But what is measured is incredible.

My "standard " system was with 2.75" mid section and and 3" freeflow end muffler. I peaked 22 psi exhaust pressure with 14.5 boost.
And 14.5 psi was reached @ 2500.
This was measured in ambient temp around 15 Celsius

The Lindsey system shows 14.5 psi around 2350 and Exhaust pressure peaks arond 15
This was measured around -2 Celsius.

By the way my engine is a 3.0 litere

Quick Reply: Lindsey exhaust muflers