Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Delphi V Seimens V Bosch injectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 01:22 PM
B951S
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Delphi V Seimens V Bosch injectors

I was wondering how much truth there is in this statement made on a reputable tuners site as I just bought 55# delphis??

"If your not running a Bosch, or Siemens, you risk damaging your engine. Anything else can put you at risk. Some other injectors are not meant for pressure differential engine (ergo: turbo or supercharged). Other injectors will lock up (literally) with fuel pressures we see on 944 Turbo applications. This is common on Rochester Injectors. Now also sold under the brand name Delphi. Others injectors can take almost twice the amp's to operate putting strain or cause failure on your injector driver electronics."

Even though I dialled in a good a/f ratio at idle with the delphis the whole car would stink of rich exhaust fumes. I just changes back to stock and the car is perfect, no smell. Is this just because of the bigger injectors or an issues with the delphis??

Also, if an injector is labelled as a "peak and hold" type, can it be used successfully on a high impedence drive ECU with ballasts or is there something fundamentally different to P&H injectors than plain old high imp saturated types.

Accel is also now making 55,72 and 83# universal low imp bosch pintle style injectors. Are these any good?

Thanks
Old 10-25-2003, 02:33 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How could you have good a/f's with two differnet size injectors? Are you retuning after you swap back to stock? What your a/f #'s?
Old 10-25-2003, 03:52 PM
B951S
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

With the 55# I used was running MAP, chips etc properly mapped for 55's. Going back to stock with stock chips, AFM etc is properly mapped for stock injectors......
Old 10-25-2003, 06:47 PM
86944turbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When referring to Bosch, are you including Bosch Motorsports?

Quick Reply: Delphi V Seimens V Bosch injectors