Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New MAF/Piggyback installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 11:40 AM
blitz951
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New MAF/Piggyback installed

I had Modern Performance Inc. install there MAF/Piggyback system and have driven the car for over 200 miles without any problems what so ever. I say this first because it was my main concern.

The system is an MAF that is 3' utilizing a PRO-M 75mm built terminating with a K and N filter. The section connecting to the turbo has a transition hose going from 3' to 2.75' (K27 inlet size). It looks very nice but not much different than the other tuners.

The nice part about this system is the piggyback SMT6 D. Its by Perfect Power which is made by Digital Tech. and has more performance than expected. With this system I am able to advance/retard timing, dial in my fuel, it has boost control which can be set at, for example 15psi then up to what ever you want in the higher RPM's. I have mine hooked up but have not programed this function in yet because I need to hook up my TEC waste gate first. It also has the ability to run water injection, data logging, can make 2 maps and switch to one or the other with a switch and can record driving history. It is amazing.

Bottom line, this system is giving me full control, no chips needed, was very inexpensive, $930 complete though I spent another $350 for install and tuning which was done while driving.

This is about all I know about the system and I know there are many people on this board that know a lot more than I do so if there are more questions then I will give you the email to Modern Performance Inc. and the phone number so that the questions can be answered. I don't have that info now but I will post it on this thread if needed.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:44 AM
blitz951
Pro

I am sure there may be some questions so this is who to call or email.

Nick Mannarino, Owner
72 Oceanport Avenue
West Long Branch, NJ 07764
Phone: 732-222-3679

Email: mp23cc@aol.com
Old 10-16-2003, 12:08 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you got a great deal on your'e MAF plus the smt6

What kind of chips are you using?

Did you tune with WB SENSOR?

What kind of turbo are you using?

Thanks
Old 10-16-2003, 12:10 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

How about the KLR chip, using stock one will keep the overboost protection.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:33 PM
blitz951
Pro

I am using a k27/8 turbo
My chips are GURU RACING and am using #55 injectors
I didn't tune the car but I know it wasn't dyno tuned nor was a wideband used. I will use a wide band to better tune the car when I get one and it is recommend.
One reason why I got the system is for minor tuning for now(major in the future) as the Guru chips are excellent but with the #55's it is difficult to get the car exactly were I wanted it. The changes made didn't deviate too far from the chips but enough to make a difference in drivability and a noticable difference in acceleration. I did not want to make any major changes without a wide band but the small adjustments made are noticeable. The other reason why I got this system is I will make many more modifications to this car and will need to make more and more control and once I get a wideband I wont need to chance my tail with chips re maps, etc... when the time comes for big adjustments. I got it ahead of schedule and very happy I did.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:11 PM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blitz951 thanks for the writeup, my config is exactly the same as yours minus the MAF/pb. did they give you a dyno graph? curious as to what kind of power you're getting.

Quick Reply: New MAF/Piggyback installed