Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

DME temp sensor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 12:55 AM
Tadi
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DME temp sensor replacement

So I'm diagnosing a cold start/idle problem and I decided to go ahead and replace the DME temp sensor since it's only $20. I went to do it this morning and I guess I never realized how buried it was on the 951. Can anyone tell me what all has to be removed to change this sucker? I took off the IC hard pipe for some more room but it almost looks like I need to remove some of the vacuum lines. Mostly it looks like I need a bit more room to get the connector off the back.

Anyway, can anyone give me the removal list so I don't start taking stuff off that I don't need to remove?
Old 05-27-2016, 08:19 AM
raleighBahn
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have the factory airbox/afm or a maf?
Old 05-27-2016, 08:49 AM
Tadi
Rennlist Member

Factory airbox/AFM
Old 05-27-2016, 11:34 AM
raleighBahn
Pro

I would pull the IC hard pipe (which your already have), as well as the AFM/airbox/snorkel. For the latter, just disconnect the AFM electrical connection. Loosen the clamp where the AFM goes into the j-boot. Then there are two allen screws on the AFM which you only need to loosen (not remove). There is possibly a third screw on the backside which is a little trickier to get loose, but not hard. I didn't re-install this screw on mine as it is unnecessary and saves me time.

You should then have a good angle to get a wrench onto the sensor. A crow foot adapter, coupled with some extensions, may make it easier for you (as well as to torque the new one back to specs).

http://www.sears.com/tools-wrenches-...s/b-1214364367

This should take you 15 minutes if you haven't done it before. You'll also be able to tighten some vacuum clamps as removal of the AFM exposes some areas not otherwise seen.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:56 PM
Tadi
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the help, raleighBahn! I'll give it a go this weekend.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:48 PM
raleighBahn
Pro

Most welcome. The two allens and screw I reference are technically on the airbox (which is connected to AFM, which is inserted in j-boot). Was in a hurry this morning trying to get out the door for business. Good luck - should not be a problem.

Quick Reply: DME temp sensor replacement