Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone need a k27/6?

Ebay auction
Old 10-15-2003, 10:40 AM
bdellis
Rennlist Member

Look like the price is a bit inflated for a used k27/6. I can have one of my many turbo's rebuilt for that price or less.

I see some of the dyno's of the k27/6 and it appears to me that it has much of the same characteristics of the k26/6. The boost seems to come on strong and spike up, then it drops holds flat and then drops again. I like a more linear hp/tq curve if possible. It looks like a k26/6 on steroids. Its probably real good for 0-60, 5-60 and 0-80 runs though! I want more highway power so I need a bigger hot side.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:32 AM
Blueman33
Pro

I "bought" that turbo. It was advertised on Rennlist for $500, I made a deal and agreed to pay by PayPal.

I got an email from Paypal saying the money was sent, but it wasn't.

The Seller put it on ebay without any contact with me at all. Not even an email to say, "you said you were paying by paypal, but i haven't received payment".

When you have a deal and you don't get your product or your payment, at least one single email would be reasonable, appropriate, and courteous to check the status, IMO.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:09 PM
bdellis
Rennlist Member

Yea, sounds like a bad deal all the way around. I would be very cautious of purchasing a used Turbo. Just pay the extra to have your rebuilt. Or buy a used one and have it rebuilt. I have seen k26/6's on www.car-parts.com very cheap.

Also if anyone is interested I will have an extra k26/6 next month once I pull it and put my T04B hybrid on. The turbo has about 28k on it and is in great shape.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Dwayne Williams
Addict
Rennlist Member

once I pull it and put my T04B hybrid on
Bdellis,

Have you picked out that t04b hybrid yet? Just curious what as to what specs you've picked. Next week I'm swapping my K26 for a t04b/8 hybrid.
Old 10-18-2003, 04:17 PM
bdellis
Rennlist Member

dwayne,

T04B v-trim ( they come in S, V & H trims. I think thats comparable to 46/50 &54 one the T04E's) ball bearing option. then have danno burn a chip for it.
I am only looking at about 280-290whp/320-330lb-ft TQ @ 18-19psi. I probably will actually run more like 16 or 17psi, so it might be a little less.
However thats with my stock Air flow meter and Injectors maxed out! Once I get tired of its performance I can always add a MAF and larger injectors and tune it for more HP.

I have a test pipe, and K&N cone filter. I also have a vented fiberglass front pannel and a 924 turbo vented hood. It does not do a whole lot, the vented hood that is. looks cool though and probably dumps a good bit of cooler air on my exhaust than normal.
Old 10-18-2003, 04:57 PM
K27
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry that you feel you were sligted on this deal, If I had all the money that was promised to me I would be happy, however, I had loads of time wasters and promised payments, of those maybe 1/3 actually sent any cash even after saying "we have a deal"
The point is I had so many that I did not waste my time chasing them down.
I hope you never have to go through the process of parting out your car, it's not easy.

Thanks
Lance

Originally posted by Blueman33
I "bought" that turbo. It was advertised on Rennlist for $500, I made a deal and agreed to pay by PayPal.

I got an email from Paypal saying the money was sent, but it wasn't.

The Seller put it on ebay without any contact with me at all. Not even an email to say, "you said you were paying by paypal, but i haven't received payment".

When you have a deal and you don't get your product or your payment, at least one single email would be reasonable, appropriate, and courteous to check the status, IMO.

Quick Reply: Anyone need a k27/6?