Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Digital fuel pressure gauge

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 01:34 AM
numbskull
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Digital fuel pressure gauge

Not sure if anyone else has this setup but my 86 has a fuelab fp unit which currently has a mechanical gauge attached under the hood. I decided to relocate to the cockpit for safety and convenience. The new kit has a sensor that replaces the mechanical gauge which runs 2 wires to the dash.

It's always been a nuisance not knowing what fp is running while spooling up so hopefully the digital gauge will work out. And of course adding a new dual a pillar pod to make room for other gauges is necessary. The new gauge arrangement will probably be boost/Afr on apillar, fp, oil temp and maf voltage under the radio. I know the more expensive kits have a multi function single gauge with all the trimmings to save space. This is probably a good route though I was not that convinced to purchase yet already owning nice aem gauges. Realistically I just want to remove the radio, climate control, all gauges and fit a permanent Android tablet that replaces this stuff. Instead the tablet is just an MP3 player with Wi-Fi supplementing the radio.. and your gauges are just taking up space. So many choices, gauge crazy!
Old 05-05-2016, 01:51 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure why you need to know fuel pressure when the turbo is spooling it. If it's a rising rate regulator. the boost + your set fuel pressure is what it'll be. Id be more worried in loosing fuel pressure dropping at high rpm
Old 05-05-2016, 02:07 AM
numbskull
Racer

Right now I am dealing with new/rebuilt everything .. engine, fuel pump, turbo injectors..etc. Call it a temporary case of gauge-itis. Lol. The real motivation was getting oil temp going to figure out if I need a larger oil cooler as I also troubleshoot an op issue. The other gauges are just to get it tuned for a better base and then fine tuning.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:41 PM
ramius665
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have data logging capability then the extra gauges are unnecessary.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:24 PM
numbskull
Racer

In order to do any data logging you still need the additional sensors installed and wired somewhere. Have not looked into loggers much though. As you are driving are you reading log outputs on a laptop or just for collecting analysis? What interface can replace gauges and plug into your dash for real time viewing? I definitely will check out some engine management solutions, the extra gauges are temporary for now.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:43 PM
jmj951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm doing the same thing with my Zietronix ZT-2. I have an Aeromotive adjustable FPR with a port designed specifically for the pressure gauge, and I'm connecting a Zietronix sensor to wire into my existing ZT-2. I'm doing it mainly for logging as well, but the ZT-2 multi-gauge that I have will allow me to select the fuel pressure input for display if I'm ever interested in seeing it. I'm not sure if the FPR is the best place to put the gauge, but my new CEP fuel rail doesn't have a location to install it like the factory rail - I'd have to install an adapter that would allow me to measure pressure at the rail.

Quick Reply: Digital fuel pressure gauge