How to do the Turbo thermostat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 01:47 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Default How to do the Turbo thermostat?

Anyone have a write up on how to change/check the Turbo thermostat, not the regular thermo? While the radiator is out I'd like to make sure that it was properly drilled when it was replaced. Pictures would be wonderful.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:48 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have any pictures, but I just got done doing the same thing....TWICE! So here is what I did. (Keep in mind I have no jack and no way to lift this thing up...)

I took off the air filter housing (the plastic peice that says Turbo and the bottom peice...the heavy one). I also removed the hose directly left of that. Now, that SHOULD give you enough room to see where the waterpump and both thermostats are. In my car, it had an aftermarket turbo thermostat housing, and it was yellow. I don't know what color yours might be. But if you know where your regular thermo is, look right beside that for a piece that looks something like this...(highlighted in red)

Take that off, and you're thermostat is inside of it. Now checking it, I don't know. I heard someone once say to get some hot water and run it through the thermostat, and if it opens it is working right. Also, make sure your housing has a hole drilled in it. Mine was closed off for some ungodly reason...

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: How to do the Turbo thermostat?