Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Buy my 951 Price cut this week! Need to sell asap

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 08:12 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Buy my 951 Price cut this week! Need to sell asap

TRYING TO SELL ASAP SO I CAN BUY ANOTHER CAR!! If other car sells, this will go back up to $13,000.
Laporte, IN 46350
$11,500 as is
$10,700 as is, bring your own wheels.
Bring some cash and take it home.
Car is in need or a radiator as the end tank is starting to seep coolant. I drove for part of summer trying to figure out where it was leaking. New oem radiator is ~$400. You can drive it home(hours away, it doesnt have to be trailered. Oil pan gasket is seeping oil. Sunroof motor doesnt work but you can open it manually.

Pictures: http://s271.photobucket.com/user/dil...o%20for%20sale

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (aka Porsche 951)
Graphite Metallic exterior color with burgundy and black interior.
Clean Indiana title in hand.
VIN: WP0AA0950GN153331
This 944 turbo is my show car and is a good example of a clean 944 turbo that turns heads everywhere I go. This car is fast and surprises many people who have had the privilege t ride in it or see it in action. I have never tracked the car but it is setup like a track car. I have never launched it off the line or anything abusive like that. There is a lot of money into the car as far as looks and performance. The story on this car is that I had a red ’87 944 turbo that had a rusting out body. The drivetrain was very solid and I daily drove this red 951 for a few years. I bought this very clean graphite 944 turbo shell and I built my show car and added many race/track-inspired parts. This is why the body and motor have different mileage.
65,000 miles on dash and title, slowly climbing as I drive it on nicest days. The engine has 100K miles on it.
Motor/ Trans: 100K miles. Motor is an ’87 year model so it has the auto tensioning timing belt tensioner and the oil level sending unit which is not available on the ’86 model. New oil pan gasket, oil pickup tube support bracket, oil pan has welded baffle to prevent oil starvation on hard and long left-hand turns, New injectors, fuel pressure gauge on fuel rail, new fuel line in engine bay as well as new damper fuel line, all new front engine seals, new oil pump drive sleeve, aos seals, all new exhaust gaskets on motor and turbo, new cam tower gaskets, new timing and balance shaft belt/rollers, new coil, cap and rotor, new thermostat and fan switch, venturi delete, silicon intercooler hoses, custom front mount intercooler with custom piping, billet diverter valve, all new silicon vacuum lines, rebuilt throttle body, intake manifold gaskets, new idle stabilizer valve, new o2 sensor, pretty much every sensor on motor is new, manual boost controller, SFR 3” downpipe, SFR true 3” cat bypass pipe and SFR 3” catback exhaust (full 3” from turbo to exhaust tip), cat bypass and downpipe are wrapped to help keep temps down, turbonetics stage I turbo(50 trim), autothority stage 2 chips and MAF, new k&n air filter, Vitesse Racing SMT 6 piggyback tuner, wastegate dump to atmosphere (I also have pipe to tie it back in), AEM uego wideband o2, prosport boost gauge, new clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder and line between, oil cooler seals, new oil cooler hoses(upper and lower), 3bar fuel pressure regulator, LR fuel injector w/ knock sensor harness, LR ultra motor mounts, LR solid trans mount, new rear axle, new fuel filter, schnell short shifter, redline trans fluid, mobil 1 engine oil every 2500 miles, new coolant reservoir, power steering delete.
Exterior/ Suspension: Graphite Metallic exterior, paint it is in good shape, rock chips on front end, scratch behind driver side real wheel, a few small dent around car (nothing major). Not original to the car but it does have the optional Turbo sticker on passenger front fender which looks very good. Car has been undercoated with herculiner bed liner to prevent rust. The battery tray has also been coated (common rust through spot). Body is straight, Porsche script door handles, windshield is crack / chip free, custom front splitter, front mount intercooler, euro front fog/ driving lights with laminx clear film on them, refinished black brembo brakes, stainless steel braided brake lines front and rear, dot4 brake fluid, front has Koni adjustable struts with adjustable coil sleeves and hypercoil 400# springs as well as adjustable camber plates , rear has torsion bar delete and bilstein turbo cup shocks with hypercoil springs( I have 500# and 700# springs for it). This car is fully adjustable and can be raised and lowered more if wanted. This car rides like a track car, pretty stiff suspension, not for the faint of heart. Original turbo sway bars front and rear. Depowered steering rack so no leaks. With the wide front wheels, parking lots can be a challenge but it’s not hard to drive. This is also not for the weak people who love the power steering doing everything for you. This car lets you feel and read the road.
Wheels: TR Motorsport F2 wheels. They are wheels built by Enkei for tire rack (TR). They are forged wheels that I bought brand new. The tires mounted on the wheels are the first set of tires mounted on these wheels. I bought the front tires used so they have less tread than the rears. The fronts are 18x10 wide. The rears are 18x11.5 wide. I have 3 other 18x10 wheels brand new still in box to go with car so you could have 18x10’s on all four corners and have a spare wheel. Again, with the 18x10 up front, steering can be hard in parking lots but is fine as long as you are moving. You could source some 18x8 wheels for the front to help this problem a lot. The rear tires on the 18x11.5 have a lot of tread but the tires have been stretched on the stretched on the wheel so help with rubbing on body.
Interior: Burgundy interior with rare partial leather Porsche recaro scripts seats. Dash is also the rare all leather option dash. Driver side is full power and passenger is manual adjusting, Momo Mod 7 350mm leather steering wheel with hub and working horn button, Lloyds turbo mats, pioneer avh-p4900dvd headunit with ipod/iphone 4s or older hook up, all new speakers, wires are ran for sub or amp in truck but I never hooked anything up. Bolt in rear roll/ harness bar. No holes in body as it bolts to rear seat belt location. AEM uego wideband gauge, boost gauge, and manual boost controller are mounted below radio. Heats work well, a/c does not work and I wouldn’t use if it did, I love having the windows down. Sunroof is power but does not work with power but does work manually if you want to remove it. All other accessories work. The rear hatch has some separation of glass to frame with is very common, just letting you know. Dash also have crack in it but is far from the worst I have seen.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:08 AM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Great looking car! Wish I was in the market, I've been really tempted by a few 951's recently. I miss driving P-cars. Sadly I've made an oath that my next car purchase will be an Audi Ur-Quattro so all the funds are going to that.

Best of luck with the sale! Loved that car/shell when it was Dan's and now.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:38 AM
PF
Rennlist Member

Received 364 Likes on 182 Posts

An absolute bargain!

If I was living in the US I would buy it.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:08 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Dam Canadian dollar. I want your car simply because you differ by one digit from mine on the VIN #

Costs 1.5 times more due to our useless dollar right now. Great car and I have 2 spare radiators too.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:38 PM
chadcorn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why the blue roll cage??
Old 02-17-2016, 03:46 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chadcorn
Why the blue roll cage??
Just a bolt in bar for looks and to help with rigidity. No drilling.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:06 PM
saleenfan
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do you have to list this when im overseas.... if its still available in 3 weeks we need to talk.

Probably a stupid question but even putting a CAT on this probably wouldn't pass CA smog would it?

Last edited by saleenfan; 02-19-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Buy my 951 Price cut this week! Need to sell asap