Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Is my car underpowered for its setup? racelogic performancebox

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 11:57 AM
Arahant
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also when I was testing, some behavior on the car which I'm not sure is normal or not... when I'm accelerating in 2nd gear, the boost builds and basically it peaks around like 4500.... it stays at peak untill about 5300-5500 then starts to taper off rapidly... with the M-tune my rpm limiter is like abit higher so I can shift at like 6500 or abit more... by the time I get to there the boost has dropped off to like 11 psi...

Now I know I'v read about smaller turbo's losing steam at higher RPM's, I dont think my turbo is a big turbo but I don't know if its exactly small either... in anycase how normal is this?

I'm also noticing some inconsistency with the max boost... sometimes it won't go past like 14 psi in WOT especially if im shifting from high RPM's into gear after gear.... it seems to build up to high 15's when I start from a lower rpm... like if I'm starting from a stop or turning a corner and accelerating up to speed.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:36 PM
George D
Drifting

The K27/8, with a good journal/wheels shouldn't drop to 11psi by redline. Take a close up pic of your MAF and post. Even if it's an Autothority, unless M tune uses a matched voltage to software setup specific to their MAF of choice, should work. Did you clean the hot wire within your intake tube? If not and it's dirty from oil etc. you'll have erratic drivability as shared. We used to use a Ford MAF when the old school Autothority MAF went bad without additional tuning.

Originally Posted by Arahant
Also when I was testing, some behavior on the car which I'm not sure is normal or not... when I'm accelerating in 2nd gear, the boost builds and basically it peaks around like 4500.... it stays at peak untill about 5300-5500 then starts to taper off rapidly... with the M-tune my rpm limiter is like abit higher so I can shift at like 6500 or abit more... by the time I get to there the boost has dropped off to like 11 psi...

Now I know I'v read about smaller turbo's losing steam at higher RPM's, I dont think my turbo is a big turbo but I don't know if its exactly small either... in anycase how normal is this?

I'm also noticing some inconsistency with the max boost... sometimes it won't go past like 14 psi in WOT especially if im shifting from high RPM's into gear after gear.... it seems to build up to high 15's when I start from a lower rpm... like if I'm starting from a stop or turning a corner and accelerating up to speed.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:43 PM
George D
Drifting

copy/post:

That MAF doesn't look like an M-tune, unless it's an older model? Also, from the pictures, I can't locate the MAP anywhere, which is part of the M-tune. You need to make the M-tune's base map set for a 2.8L. Sounds like your power problems are possibly coming from having a part-Autothority-part-M-tune frankenstein setup...

M tune uses MAP not MAF? The car wouldn't run if this is the case unless the M-tune has the option of either in their software programming.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:31 PM
George D
Drifting

Originally Posted by George D
copy/post:

That MAF doesn't look like an M-tune, unless it's an older model? Also, from the pictures, I can't locate the MAP anywhere, which is part of the M-tune. You need to make the M-tune's base map set for a 2.8L. Sounds like your power problems are possibly coming from having a part-Autothority-part-M-tune frankenstein setup...

M tune uses MAP not MAF? The car wouldn't run if this is the case unless the M-tune has the option of either in their software programming.
"Cliff Note" read of Rogue's setup. Very well designed, but IMHO, you need everything for this EMS to work as designed. Like the MAP addition sending manifold pressure readings to the EMS in addition to the MAF signal. Well done, and a relevant setup for our cars. The R & D that went into this "affordable" option for these cars is amazing - considering you'll get everything you need for under $1500 US. If you want your car to utilize this setup - highly recommend you change everything that's not part of the system - the Hitachi MAF and their recommended injectors are paramount towards getting your engine towards running well with safety parameters you'll not realize until it's too late.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-24-2015, 09:05 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Arahant - can you message me with the name of the mechanic/shop..?

I'm not familiar with this hybrid setup, unless it is from a very long time ago...

Quick Reply: Is my car underpowered for its setup? racelogic performancebox