Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

FREE - Digital Camera

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 10:37 PM
crazyracer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess an excuse is in order which I hereby do. I am sorry! I had a bad day and sometimes the worst comes out of me.
Old 10-05-2003, 01:43 AM
johne
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crazyracer,
Your forgiven.

I do think I understand what you were trying to say about people who do a little something nice and then want everyone to know about it. I know because my natural inclination is to act that way and I do my best to not act that way because I feel that it is not the correct way to act.

While I do feel that this thread turned into that sort of behavior a little bit. I do not feel that was the intent of Scott or any one else involved in the actual giving of the camera. I think it was more a result of the "chummy mess around with each other" behavior that goes on within this board. I think this attitude is MUCH better than the my d*ck is bigger than yours that prevails in so many other car forums.

So to all this I think that Scott is indeed continuing a nice string of kindness but many of us ended up messing with each other over it. (in a bucket of water over the door sort of way )

And on a more humorous note I definitely agree with Crazyracer on this point.
"It also bothers me because you just don't give it to the first guy who wants it."
It has nothing to do with me being the first one to reply, honest.

Cheers,
John

P.S. I'm sure there are others out there who need the camera more than myself and I would definitely prefer that they receive it.
Old 10-05-2003, 03:33 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Originally posted by johne

And on a more humorous note I definitely agree with Crazyracer on this point.
"It also bothers me because you just don't give it to the first guy who wants it."
It has nothing to do with me being the first one to reply, honest.
I have seen countless people give away things from parts to memberships and cameras and many of them have had a poetry contest or paragraph about your car or something similar attached to them, #1 it makes it interesting for everyone involved, #2 people who go through the trouble probably need the camera or whatever it is more than a guy who is too lazy.
Old 10-05-2003, 03:47 AM
nove442002
Racer

I got a free parking spot for my 944 from my landlord! I did a few things for him around the building, next month he says forget about paying for the parking spot for your car! Thats a great gift here in Chicago.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Under Pressure Performance
Instructor

After LOTS AND LOTS of thought and consideration I have made the difficult decision of where the camera goes next.

First, I would like to thank EVERYONE that posted to this thread, including Crazyracer. ALL your input was welcome and taken into consideration when determining who should get the camera.

Congratulations to RED1 - While he did not respond to this thread, he was among the first to respond to me directly. Of the first direct responses I got, his was among the most sincere and I feel he will make the best use of the camera. In addition, he has promised to continue the trend and forward the camera along when he upgrades, or no longer has a use for it.

Again, thanks for all the input, encouragement, and criticism - It all made the decision that much more important to me.

Once again, I tip my hat to Tony Garcia for starting the trend and Tim Richards for perpetuating it - Kudos!

RED1, please forward your mailing/shipping address so I can get the camera on its way to you.

Respectfully,

Quick Reply: FREE - Digital Camera