Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

FREE - Digital Camera

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 09:09 PM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Knock it off crazyracer. I think the "I got for free and am passing it on" deals are cool as hell , and I guarentee the person who gets it is going to be happier than hell. So if you dn't like it think that somebody is making too big of a deal about this then bugger out of thread. I swear, everytime someone tries to do something nice in this world - even if it something small - theirs always some JA raining on their parade for absolutely no reason other than to be crabby.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Under Pressure Performance
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazyracer,

The underlying point that you OBVIOUSLY are missing is that "I" got the camera sent to me because I did not have one at the time. Furthermore, the camera was sent to me at no cost, with the ONLY string being that when I got another camera, or no longer had a use for it, that I too would pass it along to someone else that could use it free of charge.

I am simply upholding my obligation to pass the camera along to someone else. Nowhere did anyone ever say that Tony, Tim, or myself were trying to keep pace with anyone else in regard to charity. In fact, this has NOTHING to do with charity, and much more to do with character and integrity.

BUT, since you are the ONLY one making an issue out of this, why don't you step up to the plate and offer something of SIGNIFICANTLY more value to our fellow Rennlisters for free? Surely it does not have to be a $200,000 car, but why not "your" Porsche? - Just pass it along free of charge and ask only that the recipient do the same when he/she is finished using it, or can afford one of his/her own. OK, not ready to give up your car, then how about a relatively valuable watch, a computer, anything.

Getting back to the point... This is not a charity, there is no hidden agenda, no ulterior motives - NOTHING. All I am doing is what was asked of me - Keeping my word. If you have a problem with the value of the camera, well go out to your local Circuit City, or Best Buy and buy a brand new 5 mega-pixel camera and offer it for free, otherwise let go of the criticism and please refrain from knocking those that "willfully" do unselfish acts.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:01 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

[i]Getting back to the point... This is not a charity, there is no hidden agenda, no ulterior motives - NOTHING. All I am doing is what was asked of me - Keeping my word. If you have a problem with the value of the camera, well go out to your local Circuit City, or Best Buy and buy a brand new 5 mega-pixel camera and offer it for free, otherwise let go of the criticism and please refrain from knocking those that "willfully" do unselfish acts. [/B]
*applaudes* Bravo my brother...bravo
Old 10-02-2003, 10:22 PM
Dmitry S.
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Happened to me once too. I was at PartsHeaven, just talking with the people there about my new 944 purchase, and how somebody broke into my car and stole the stereo. Well anyways, somebody overheard the story and sent me the stock deck for free since he upgraded his stereo. He shipped it and everything. When it arrived, it REALLY made my day. Not done installing it yet, since the thieves cut off the terminals on the stereo wiring, but as soon as i get all of that soldered on, I will be forever grateful.

I do not plan on selling it, and if I ever upgrade to a new deck, I will ship it back just like he asked. Scott is doing a great thing here, and I'm sure the person who gets the camera will be just as happy as I was when i got my stereo.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:24 PM
crazyracer
Racer

So, who go it now? You think that you are good guys because some fellow readers are getting excited about a freebe?
Old 10-02-2003, 10:43 PM
Under Pressure Performance
Instructor

Crazyracer,

You have no clue! - Let it go!

Not a single one of us thinks we are good guys for doing this - We are just doing it to do it - Nothing more, nothing less. Do "I" think I am a good guy for doing it, not really, but I know I am not a bad person either way. It is doubtful that any readers are "excited" about this freebie, I think they are just expressing an acknowledgment of goodwill.

More true to the definition of the word, you seem to be the only one "excited" about this whole thing.

Again, none of us feel we are good guys for doing this. If others feel we are good guys for doing it, then so be it - If you don't, oh well, no love lost.

Why does it bother you so much?
Old 10-02-2003, 11:57 PM
crazyracer
Racer

It bothers me because I think it's off topic. It also bothers me because you just don't give it to the first guy who wants it. It bothers me because you tried to make a kind of contest out of it. It bothers me because the way you write to me bothers me. Why don't you let it go? Do I bother you?
Old 10-03-2003, 12:22 AM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you bother me. Go away.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:32 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

crazyracer

First off... the topic is: FREE - Digital Camera Thus I think Scotts comments are very much on topic.

Secondly, if you don't want the camera, why are you sticking your nose in? I mean... why do you care?

Thirdly, there's something sentimental about the camera. It's really no big deal. It's sort of an "inside thing". It's just a camera, but there are some of us here that, at the current moment, might not have the extra cash laying around to go purchase one. Why not make sure that this person gets it, and that he will follow the tradition set when the camera was first given away?

Do you really have a problem with this? Does it burn you up so much that you have to ruin it?
Old 10-03-2003, 02:06 AM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Under Pressure Performance

Getting back to the point... This is not a charity, there is no hidden agenda, no ulterior motives - NOTHING. All I am doing is what was asked of me - Keeping my word. If you have a problem with the value of the camera, well go out to your local Circuit City, or Best Buy and buy a brand new 5 mega-pixel camera and offer it for free, otherwise let go of the criticism and please refrain from knocking those that "willfully" do unselfish acts.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:16 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Originally posted by 1988Porsche944
Happened to me once too. I was at PartsHeaven, just talking with the people there about my new 944 purchase, and how somebody broke into my car and stole the stereo. Well anyways, somebody overheard the story and sent me the stock deck for free since he upgraded his stereo. He shipped it and everything. When it arrived, it REALLY made my day. Not done installing it yet, since the thieves cut off the terminals on the stereo wiring, but as soon as i get all of that soldered on, I will be forever grateful.

I do not plan on selling it, and if I ever upgrade to a new deck, I will ship it back just like he asked. Scott is doing a great thing here, and I'm sure the person who gets the camera will be just as happy as I was when i got my stereo.
I gave my stock 944 radio to someone with a 911 who blew theirs and was broke at the time people like kind gestures even if it is a $50 camera or a cheap tape deck from the 80s....

as a side note, unfortunately the cd player that replaced that stock tape player got stolen about a month or so ago, if the person who stole my radio asked me i probably could have found them a cheap cd player or given them the old deck out of my bmw but NOOO they needed to be cool and steal one. people suck
Old 10-03-2003, 02:20 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Originally posted by crazyracer
It bothers me because I think it's off topic. It also bothers me because you just don't give it to the first guy who wants it. It bothers me because you tried to make a kind of contest out of it. It bothers me because the way you write to me bothers me. Why don't you let it go? Do I bother you?
does the sense of community among the people on this forum bother you?
Old 10-03-2003, 02:50 AM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by crazyracer
Try to understand that somebody is TRYING to do something nice.

Last edited by PorscheG96; 10-04-2003 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:23 AM
TurboTim
Banned

Crayracer,

Nobody is trying to make a contest out of this or a charity event! It is very simple. Someone that needs the camera gets it. He then takes some pictures of his car so he can post them on the Rennlist or a website........Then we get the opportunity to see a car we might have never seen otherwise. Eventually....... the camera will get passed around to a fellow Porsche owner and this one little camera can lead to tens, hundreds maybe even thousands of pictures of Porsches for people to see and enjoy.

Old 10-03-2003, 12:58 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

i would like to ad my $.02

First off, crazyracer, that is the most juvenile thing I have ever seen. Sure, the camera maybe only 50 bucks on eBay, but I don't have 50 bucks laying around. In fact, you may just consider me a poor person. I make maybe around 600 bucks a month...my car payment and insurance run around 300. I have a rare form of hypoglycemia, and I have to eat a certain way, which costs a LOT of money. There goes the another 150. I also have pets to take care of, plus money in the savings account, plus a little bit of spending money. My utilities are paid for by my grandparents. I don't really have the money for a camera, and would love to get one. And before you pull out that old chestnut "But you own a Porsche" I just want to get one thing straight. I own a Porsche because I got lucky on a find. Thats the only reason. I am also lucky that only one thing has tore up so far, and that just happend this morning.

Basically, I just wish you would stfu...you're just here for attention, and yes, you are succeding at getting that. This is a shameless act being done by fellow Porsche owners/lovers/obssesors, and let it rest at that.

Quick Reply: FREE - Digital Camera