Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Controlling air/fuel ratio

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015 | 07:29 PM
afx
Racer

Default Controlling air/fuel ratio

Trying to get some input on my best option.

I bought my car as a project/track car and have been working for the past few months to get everything up and running. At this point everything seems pretty good except for tuning the air/fuel ratio. I have a Lindsey PowerPerfect (maftuner) controller that will intercept the MAF signal and send a modified signal to the ECU.

While this seems to work OK, I am having trouble getting a good tune using this. It is a lot of trial and error as it has no direct data logging and can only be modified by downloading the current map, modifying, and re-uploading while the car is off.

If I were planning on keeping this car for a while I would just get an M-Tune and be done with it, but my wife is not a big fan of the car and would much prefer I would sell it and get something newer. Because of this I really don't want to spend the $1K+ to go that route.

What do you guys think I should do?

- Spend the time with the power perfect and work through all the difficulties?

- Go with another older unit that is a bit more advanced (mafterburner, apexi afc, etc)

- Other?

My main goal is to just get this car running correctly without dumping a lot of money into it, but I also want to get it done where it is a reasonably drivable car.

Details of car:

1986 944 Turbo
Lindsey MAF & Chip (unknown details)
Lindsey Super 75 turbo
Siemens 55# injectors
3" catless exhaust

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2015 | 10:10 PM
fiily
Pro

- Spend the time with the power perfect and work through all the difficulties?
I would do this to save time and not dump money into it.

But this always gets in the way:

"but my wife is not a big fan of the car and would much prefer I would sell it and get something newer. Because of this I really don't want to spend the $1K+ to go that route."

Not worth getting the wifey pissed at you over a car, car's come and go, keep the wife happy, and more car's will come!

Quick Reply: Controlling air/fuel ratio