Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Petition Bosch for new run of 951 TPS

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 12:13 AM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Petition Bosch for new run of 951 TPS

I would like to see if we could all send Bosch automotive a small letter asking for another production run of throttle positions sensors aka TPS. I just sent them a letter so I'm not asking anything I wouldn't do. I don't even need one right now all thou I may in the future but many of us do need a new unit and we have NO alternatives. I'm sure if enough of us are heard they may make a run. It's worth a shot. So here is the link to the automotive Bosch site. Let's see if we can do this. Thanks you to all.

http://m.bosch.com/en/com/contact_fo...owExpandable=1

This is what I wrote to them for an example.

"Hello I'm inquiring about the Throttle Position Sensor that is no longer avalible for the Porsche 944 turbo AKA 951. What would it take to make another run of these sensors. P/N 951 606 113 00. This Porsche turbo crowd is concerned because there are no aftermarket solutions for the turbo's TPS. I think I bought the last new one in the world from Ian off eBay for $175 about six months ago. Please help this comunity of 951 enthusiasts. We would really appreciate your help! There rather difficult for us regular folk to reinvent, and your products are much better then any aftermarket company would be able to produce. Please and thank you for your time."
Old 11-26-2015, 03:25 PM
EVOMMM
Rennlist Member

Received 1,549 Likes on 913 Posts

There are 5 no scratch 4 on eBay for $98
Mike
Old 11-26-2015, 03:56 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

That's funny I can only find one used one that is attached to the throttle body. I see no new ones at all for the 951. Anywhere.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:02 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't you re ferb them?
Old 11-26-2015, 08:48 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

If the potentiometer goes out then I don't know how. Do you?
Old 11-27-2015, 12:25 PM
951kaos
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Strange Porsche has not picked up on the problem of the TPS is no longer available and there appears to be a demand for it. Normally Porsche or Porsche Classic will make a request to the manufacturer of the part to manufacture some more or will try to find another source for the part.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:10 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

That's why I would like for this small group of 951 owners on rennlist send Bosch a little letter asking for a Production run. There are no aftermarket TPS that I have ever seen to replace the TPS on the 951.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Bummer this is the response I got from the lam asses at Bosch. That guy should be fired!!

Dear Sir,
Thank you for contacting us here at Bosch Service Centre and for allowing us the opportunity to respond to your enquiry.
Unfortunately, as we are Bosch in Germany, we are unable to help you with your query. Please feel more than welcome to contact our branch of Automotive products in the Country you are in
Our colleagues will be happy to assist you: www.bosch-automotive.com/

If you have any other questions or need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Wayne O'Connor

Robert Bosch GmbH
Bosch Service Center
Postfach 300220
70442 Stuttgart
Tel: +49 (0)711 / 400 40990 Fax: +49 (0)711 / 400 40999
E-Mail: Kontakt@bosch.de web: www.bosch.de

Sent: 2015-11-26 04:01:42
To:
Subject: Request from Contact Form | Bosch

Privacy Privacy terms have been accepted

Copy of E-Mail yes (send a copy of the E-Mail)

Date - Time 26.11.2015 - 4:57

Website http://www.bosch.com

Website/URI
http://www.bosch.com/en/com/contact_...showExpandable[..]

Country - Germany -

Country Code - DE -

Best regards

Robert Bosch GmbH
Bosch Service Center
Postfach 30 02 20
70442 Stuttgart
GERMANY

Tel +49 (0)711 400 40990
Fax +49 (0)711 400 40999

E-Mail: kontakt@bosch.de
Internet http://www.bosch.com

Registered Office: Stuttgart, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14000;
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Franz Fehrenbach; Managing Directors: Dr.
Volkmar Denner, Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer, Dr. Rolf Bulander, Dr. Stefan
Hartung, Dr. Markus Heyn, Dr. Dirk Hoheisel, Christoph Kübel, Uwe Raschke, Dr.
Werner Struth, Peter Tyroller
Old 11-27-2015, 01:33 PM
Alan 91 C2
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

There must be other suitable TPS, as every car has one. Does anyone have the electrical spec?

Worst case would be a mounting adapter, output shaft to a working alternate. And maybe a connector adapter.

This has got to have other Bosch family members.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:57 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Right that's in the same thinking that all newer cars have injectors so some one would have made a 52 lbs injector at 4.5 ohms of resistance for my turbo's DME drivers. But they don't. No one does. There are a lot of chooses but none that work without a resistor or switching to high ohm. We need to do something about this soon. Throttle position sensors don't last forever. And some of us need one in future projects or to get our cars running again, maybe just to fix the idle problem because the idle switch doesn't work in the TPS anymore( but you can hear it). I like to have spare parts so I wouldn't mind having one just sitting around waiting to be used, or to use as a diognostic tool to test out a TPS on the car.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Alan 91 C2
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Easy does it.

I recognize we have many one off components. And it is easier to adapt than invent, was my only point. The injector issues have been solved. And so will the TPS alternatives, now that the replacement issue is on our RADAR screen.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:29 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

how about petitioning for an actual stand alone front to back motorsports harness/ecu?

or some minimal upgrade to allow these vehicles to run properly....

allowing more precise tuning - and never leave you stranded.

instead of the pre-historic garbage from the Apple/Lisa computer era.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:52 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Sorry, I'm not jumping your back I was pointing out how I was thinking when it came time for my fuel injector upgrade, I was baffled that Porsche would have produced a one off products like drivers in the 951 DME for the one off injectors. I just would like for us to be able to do something about this problem. I also seen other items that are NLA but they have aftermarket companies making them, such as the back up light switch an some other items. It's like this car is truly based off the two 944 GTP cars, only one runs because the other has/had the prototype DME fail, and there were only two prototype DME's made at that time. They could call rouge to fix it, or agnostic but the car just sits not able to run. Anyway back the point, if we can find a solution for this that would be great! Imagine how many 951 owners are not on rennlist or any forum and have a TPS problem. That would be just another downed 951, and if the TPS acts up when your in full boost then you might blow your head gasket or worse. Can anyone find any cross refrance PN? Can a regular 944 TPS be used with a harness adapter or splice a new one in and have a seperate idle switch wires up? I'm not sure what info is sent to the TPS and what is sent back. I'm assuming 5v is sent and the potentiometer sends back the appropriate voltage like all the other do. So why does it have so many connectors over the regular 944 TPS? Is it just the idle switch! i will say for now if anyone has a bad unit don't throw it away. If we can find a TPS from another make and model that can have the internals swapped out then that may be the only solution for the time being.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:24 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

not only getting in my quarterly Life In Bosch rant,

but, wouldn't it be awesome if you all could run the engine management/sensors/maf/boost control from a late vw 2.0T or other?

i've often wondered how far from reality such a scenario could be.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:51 PM
blade7
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
not only getting in my quarterly Life In Bosch rant,

but, wouldn't it be awesome if you all could run the engine management/sensors/maf/boost control from a late vw 2.0T or other?
All about the harness probably, it runs on a MAF, which some standalone sellers seem to think isn't necessary...

Quick Reply: Petition Bosch for new run of 951 TPS