Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone here work for Alpine car audio?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015 | 07:58 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cyberpunky
Might sound harsh but you saved a few bucks by sending your business offshore. You can buy cheap Alpine at JB and you would have had a working AM radio but you didn't, so you are out of luck. No AM for you.

I have several friends at Alpine but would never ask them for this, although I doubt a reflash is possible anyway, because you voted with your wallet not to support your fellow Australians, and the Australians involved directly, are the same friends I would have to ask(so you can see the dilema I would be in if I actually was to ask). I had a great job and a business in car audio for many years but I had to leave the industry, because of bargain hunters taking their business off shore, so sorry but not sorry, that I can't/won't help.
As I said may sound harsh but it is what it is
peace
Cyberpunky
Originally Posted by Cyberpunky
No we use AM and FM and have digital too just no satellite, as thats not economically viable for our little island. We also have streaming services like I heart radio and pandora etc.

The issue is we have 9Khz spacing on the AM band, where as US uses 10Khz spacing, so a US sourced radio that doesn't allow you too swap to 9 Khz steps, still picks up the stations but they are just off, so if we need to tune to 927 for example, we can only tune to 930, which as you could imagine on noisey AM means it sounds even more terrible.

AM in Australia refuses to die and for good reason, as we have such a large land mass and apart from major cities, the population is spread very thin elsewhere, and so many places AM is only viable option as its area coverage is far better than FM. In US and Europe this is less of an issue, so FM is the norm, and you can also use satellite. In our big cities and most larger rural areas FM is what most ppl listen too, and now digital too. We were one of the first to digital but uptake has been slow but now it is getting traction here.

Anyway Gregor, as Pauly and others will tell you, I am normally really helpful and happy to help in anyway I can, but this particular issue(buying OS) actually made me move away from car audio industry, as I just couldn't make an honest living, despite years of experience and a wealth of knowledge, so asking my industry contacts to help just isn't something I would want to do, as I am sure you understand.

I like anyone else, shop online for somethings but unlike most Aussies, I am happy to pay extra to get service and expertise. If no local option is available then I will buy online. Having been on both sides of the fence, I understand your POV and respect your right to spend your hard earned how ever you see fit but it is a choice and sometimes those choices have less obvious consequences, like the decline of my industry, which is just how it is, and it is a very complex situation.
peace
Cyberpunky
Damn dude you ok?
Old 11-13-2015 | 05:36 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by reno808
Damn dude you ok?
yeah good thanks. why do you ask ?
Old 11-13-2015 | 11:18 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Not sure if calos gets the dilemma we have here.

In short words, Local business close down because of the large amount of people who like to buy online from overseas. It works out cheaper if you buy overseas, but the drawback is no warrantee and you don't get the local exp and help when something goes wrong (I.e like OP)

For example it's cheaper to buy Turbosmart products though USA and delivered here than go to a local store and purchase it.
Same goes with audio and other products.
Old 11-13-2015 | 06:47 PM
lee101315
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Paulyy

In short words, Local business close down because of the large amount of people who like to buy online from overseas. It works out cheaper if you buy overseas, but the drawback is no warrantee and you don't get the local exp and help when something goes wrong (I.e like OP)

For example it's cheaper to buy Turbosmart products though USA and delivered here than go to a local store and purchase it.
Pauly,
We have a similar problem. Jobs ( embroidery and manufacturing come to mind ) are being sent overseas, China has flooded our market with mass production garbage, and several large companies are giving revolving 6 month Visas to people from countries like India to replace their accounting departments at half of the wages...
Old 11-17-2015 | 01:03 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paulyy

its like that everywhere else. So i dont get it

Quick Reply: Anyone here work for Alpine car audio?