Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Possible idle issue - logs inside

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 06:29 AM
darek_u
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I managed to get my old DME and chip to work. With idle set up properly and lambda disconnected AFR sits dead on 14.7... It looks like for some reason A Tune makes mixture pig rich. Can someone more wise than me confirm it makes sense? Joshua maybe if he reads this thread? Hunting idle makes me really unhappy, even more than 15 mpg fuel consumption.
On the other hand Rogue logger stopped reading signal from LC1, despite of resetting the software and reloading definition file. It was working fine and just out of sudden stopped... LC1 itself works after recalibration - I can read the AFR from Innovate software. What is going on? Is it common?
Old 11-08-2015, 01:02 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Idle on these cars is going to fluctuate slightly, +-40rpm is pretty minor. These are not 2015 sequential direct injected cars.

The A-Tune really hasn't changed in years... If the car runs rich with it, then most likely there is an issue elsewhere.

Since the enrichment appears to be across the board, then the simplest approach would be to just use the 2.5bar regulator.

If the DME Logger is no longer showing WBO2, then the signal from your WBO2 to the DME is the first place to look.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:04 AM
darek_u
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your reply Joshua. The only strange thing to me is that with other chip placed in Rogue ECU (please ignore my complain about other chip not working in your ECU, I just mixed bunch of chips and put wrong one in...) mixture richness goes away. I'm not an expert at all but with proper fuel pressure (it appears to be proper as per earlier post but I'm not an expert) and stock cleaned and flow matched injectors, new and properly reading NTC sensor the chip seems to be the only thing than could make it too rich... I'm little stumped now... Anyway, I'm not complaining just trying to figure out what solution would be the best here for me. 2.5 bar FPR and FQS 2 that gives approx. 13.7 - 13.8 at idle or should I look for something different? Your input is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Possible idle issue - logs inside