Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

French 951S M758 Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 04:58 PM
PH1L1PP3
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then, it is time to unleash the Pink Panther

Sunday 08 Nov with some Friends in the "Corbiére" the "Cathares Knights" country.

And sunday 15 Nov, in the Pyrénées, close to the Spanish border:

Last edited by PH1L1PP3; 11-28-2015 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Add pics
Old 11-28-2015, 05:16 PM
PH1L1PP3
Track Day

A short vidéo took from Pink Panther

Old 11-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Very nice car! That would be considered a Gem in my book. Rennbay has fuel lines right now for $50. I would jump on that deal. I'm betting your odometer gear is broken, they do that with age (easy fix), you supposed to have the car at a complete stop before bushing the odometer reset button because everything it turning inside but sometimes the button gets pushed while driving and that's the killer of the old brittle gear. Your limited slip differential may need new clutches soon (one disc per side, from what I was told buy my trany rebiuld shop). I'm sure your going to bleed the brakes so when bleeding the brakes you can bleed the ABS pump by having the ignition on, crack the bleeder on which wheel your working with and spin the wheel (or hub). The abs pump started working and it's a way to test out its function, if you don't know this trick already. Be prepared for brake fluid to shoot out of the caliper bleeder, aslo while doing this you can take a big bottle of brake fluid and turn it upside down on top of the brake resivoir (after removing the cap of courses), it is an auto feed, cool trick if you never done it before and you don't have to keep topping off the brake fluid resivoir while flushing the ABS pump and lines. Your tag with option codes must have had the adhesive dry up and fall off. Have you owned a 944/951 before?
Old 11-28-2015, 05:46 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Double posted on accident
Old 11-29-2015, 02:59 PM
PH1L1PP3
Track Day

Originally Posted by Humboldtgrin
Very nice car! That would be considered a Gem in my book. Rennbay has fuel lines right now for $50. I would jump on that deal. I'm betting your odometer gear is broken, they do that with age (easy fix), you supposed to have the car at a complete stop before bushing the odometer reset button because everything it turning inside but sometimes the button gets pushed while driving and that's the killer of the old brittle gear. Your limited slip differential may need new clutches soon (one disc per side, from what I was told buy my trany rebiuld shop). I'm sure your going to bleed the brakes so when bleeding the brakes you can bleed the ABS pump by having the ignition on, crack the bleeder on which wheel your working with and spin the wheel (or hub). The abs pump started working and it's a way to test out its function, if you don't know this trick already. Be prepared for brake fluid to shoot out of the caliper bleeder, aslo while doing this you can take a big bottle of brake fluid and turn it upside down on top of the brake resivoir (after removing the cap of courses), it is an auto feed, cool trick if you never done it before and you don't have to keep topping off the brake fluid resivoir while flushing the ABS pump and lines. Your tag with option codes must have had the adhesive dry up and fall off. Have you owned a 944/951 before?
Thank you so much for all these information.
Fuel lines replacement is planed since it was previously recommended and will have a close look at the odometer. Differential looks OK for the time being. I did not knew about the ABS pump trick and will try next bleeding
It is my first 944, but not my first “Oldy” Porsche

Last edited by PH1L1PP3; 11-29-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Quick Reply: French 951S M758 Introduction