Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

What does this Vacuum hose do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 03:22 PM
oi-punx
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does this Vacuum hose do?

Yesterday I replaced most of my vacuum lines with new silicone hose and brass T-fittings. While I was doing this I noticed that the line that runs from the turbocharger (underneath the throttle body) to the cycling valve was completely loose. The stock rubber elbow had come off entirely.

What are the implications of having this hose disconnected? I didn’t really notice a before and after difference in the way the car drove.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2003, 01:42 PM
oi-punx
Racer

Bump.

The mystery vac line I am referring to attaches to the lower port of (what I am assuming to be) the cycling valve between the 3rd and 4th intake runners). It attaches to the turbo right below the rubber intercooler pipe-to-throttle body boot, to the left of where the throttle cable attaches to the spring/bracket assembly. There is actually a metal nipple on the turbocharger where the vac line slides onto it. The turbo is the original KKK K26/6 unit.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2003, 02:29 PM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

that line controls the fuel vapour purge system, with it open you will have a vac leak and a non operative fuel purge system.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:52 PM
oi-punx
Racer

OZ951,

Thank you for the information. There is a new vac line on there now so everything should be operating normally. The line is hard to see so i'm glad I found it when I did.

Quick Reply: What does this Vacuum hose do?