Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Overheating.....NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 07:41 PM
Kidd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there may be a guy calling you about the vert. I'm not sure where he's located, but I gave him your number. Hopefully things will work out well with that. I'll have to see if I can get a friend to follow me up to your place. I don't mind if it sits out front. I would just rather it be sitting anywhere but the side of the road. I'll call you Tues. or Wed. and let you know if I can bring it by. When are you planning on working on your car?
Old 09-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am going to work on it a little this weekend, I am off to get the hoist in a few minutes. I am hoping to have it out of the car by Wednesday 1200 noon. next week.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:17 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, i just saw your thread and I figured I'd chime in b/c i recently had a similar problem on my N/A. I ended up scorching a cylinder in the end though.

So I had a overheat problem that seemed like I was leaking air somewhere in the system -- bled the system over and over again -- no avail. There was also no noticable problem with the fan, but steady coolant loss, and occasional coolant on the floor (it was directly underneath the coolant reservoir -- coolant was coming out the overflow hose).

In the end, it turned out that I had a blown head gasket -- air was leaking in from the engine block (which in turn builds radiator pressure fast and slowly forces coolant out the overflow hose). One telltale sign I should have paid attention to was that after running the engine for a only few seconds, I would have excessive amount of pressure under the radiator cap -- if I'd open the radiator cap, I'd get coolant overflowing immediately (that's natural with a hot engine, but not with a cold one).

Anyways, just thought I'd share my experience in case it give you things to think about.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:09 AM
Kidd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone wanna buy an '86 951

Quick Reply: Overheating.....NEED HELP!!!