Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Driving lights work when??

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003 | 11:08 AM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Driving lights work when??

On my Canadian 1990 944 S2 - I'd like to be able to drive around with the driving lights running all the time. Stats show this is safer and is why now (almost?) ALL North American cars have Daytime Running Lights.

In the early 90's the concept of Daytime Running lights was just gaining accpetance and it appears that this car was an early adopter of the practice.

Up until yestersday - I could turn on the driving lamps without a) the main headlamps or b) the parking lights (first rotated postion of the headlamp switch) being on.

But then they stopped working UNLESS the parkign or main lights are on. Unless the parking or main lights are on, I get no driving lights and no green LED on the switch.

When the parking or main headlamps are on the driving lamps work fine - and the switch LED does come on so the switch and wiring to the lamps, and the lamps themselves are clearly okay.

There is a DRL fuse in the fuse box (labled as Canada ONLY) so perhaps there's a separate relay for this function that's failed?

Any insight? Any wiring diagrams??

Thanks,

RK
Old 09-21-2003 | 03:51 PM
gilwong
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my car, my driving lights turn off if my high beams are on. Maybe you accidently hit your high beam switch.

Quick Reply: Driving lights work when??