Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Flatbed tow

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 10:28 PM
numbskull
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Flatbed tow

First time in 14 years I actually had to get the 86 turbo towed. It's always been something you can fix, and limp home down the road like bad starter, flaky dme, pipes, vacuum..etc. This time I took it to a do it yourself pressure wash and accidentally sheared off one of the sensors on the dbx85 maf which sorta sticks out one of the hood cracks. Water went right through the K&n filter I guess.

It was running OK at first but also water got into electrical system somewhere. Would not start..etc. I do not think the car will be washed with water ever again! Simple soldering job and 12hours to dry out and now it's working great again.

The best part is I just installed an ifc front splitter and we had to shim the wheels up the flatbed to keep it from getting damaged. Worked out this time luckily.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:55 AM
PEvans
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Around here they have given up and pretty much always send a flatbed, though I still request it. I have not been so lucky, and I have had my 951 towed (on a flatbed) many times. Keep my AAA premium membership up to date, and keep the tow hook in the glove box.

The worst was a blown tire on the San Mateo bridge. CalTrans won't allow AAA on the bridge, and CalTrans doesn't have flatbeds. CHP said they would just push my car off the bridge with the Crown Vic, they do it all the time. Right. So we had to dig out the 25 y/o inflatable spare and hope it would still work. Lucky that time...
Old 09-08-2015, 02:38 PM
numbskull
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Flatbed tow

I would guess my 30yr old spare might not inflate so I keep cans of fix a flat in the trunk just in case. At least I know the pump works but takes a bit of time to inflate.

Quick Reply: Flatbed tow