Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

968 exhaust cam failed on vacation, anyone that can help in the LA area?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Arominus
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, I think back and I'm pretty impressed that i pulled it off. That was a logistical nightmare, i really got lucky that parts haven had a cam, I'm also still quite thankful for all of the offers of help from the Cali guys. I felt bad in a way that i didn't take anyone up on them, I'm weird like that as I hate to take other peoples time for my problems. Lart hooked me up with the fuel rail check ball i lost when diagnosing the car in a starbucks parking lot, which was the last push i needed to get home.

Cars still running great, she idles a bit higher than she did before though. 1100rpm, so i'm thinking of going through things again soon. That said, snow tires are coming for the car, i have to drive her for a while as my girlfriends m-edition miata got smashed by a drunk while parked in front of our house. I had planned to lay the S2 up for the winter and drive my Saab, but that plan is out of the question for a while. Things have been a little rough in car town this year.

Quick Reply: 968 exhaust cam failed on vacation, anyone that can help in the LA area?