Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

COULD THIS BE A LINDSEY SUPER 61 TURBO?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 03:43 PM
vam0328
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COULD THIS BE A LINDSEY SUPER 61 TURBO?

Hi guys..... A few months back i purchased this 86 944turbo... Car wouldnt start if it did it missfired.. While checking the problem i notice the turbo was not stock and the alternator had been relocated so after finding the problem first thing i did was fix oil leaks and took the rurbo out to inspected it but i have no clue of what turbo it is besides it being a turbonetics here are the car mods that came with it

LINDASEY CHIPS
LINDSEY MAF TUNNER
3" FULL EXHAUST
TIAL WASTE GATE
Manual boost controller
3.0L BAR FUEL REGULATOR
48LB FORD COBRA INJECTORS

Wrapped the exhaust

Wrapped the intake plumming hopefully it helps
Old 08-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

You can ask Mike Lindsey, he is very helpfull. That's a turbonetics turbo also, I think the Lindsey brothers only deal with garret but I could be wrong. You will have to measure the compressor wheel to find out the trim, the housing usually has the A/R stamped on the compressor housing. I have a 60 A/R on my garret made LR super 53.
If the exhaust (turbine) side is 2 3/8" opening then it's a stage three. If 2.5" then stage 5, and if 2.6" opening it has a "p" trim on the turbine side. Maybe it is a powerhuas, Koklen or Huntley racing supplied turbo. There no longer around to ask thou. I would say Koklen but I think they made there own turbo with there name on it when they were still around.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:36 PM
vam0328
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info HUMBOLDTGRIN main reason why i took it out was because i didnt see a stamp when it was bolt to the engine, but even when i took it out i found no stamp. i guess i'll take it out measure compressor side and turbine side. the reason why i thought it was a lindsey super 61 is because they offer a 340whp package which comes with all option my car has and with a turbo but since my turbo has no stamp i was trying to find out if it really belongs to the 340whp kit they offer
link to 340whp kit
http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Parts/951PACK340.html

Quick Reply: COULD THIS BE A LINDSEY SUPER 61 TURBO?