Bad FPR--what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 09:48 AM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad FPR--what do you think?

Alright, I took the car to work this morning, and checked the oil when I got in the parking lot(like I always do) and noticed a fuel smell in the oil. Not good. Did a forum search, and all the symptoms seem to be pointing to a bad FPR.(slight fuel smell out of exhaust, slight fuel smell on oil cap, and in oil--oil doesn't appear too thinned out at this point). So, bad FPR? Also, is there any danger involved in getting her home in this condition(about a 20 min. drive) I will definately keep the revs down--I am afraid of the dreaded cylinder wash--since I am planning on selling this car soon, I want to err on the side of caution.

On a side note, I read an old post regarding hard starting after car has been run(but quick starting when cold) My car has been doing this for quite some time--I am guessing it is rtelated to the FPR, or something worse?

I am hoping FPR, so I can park it and do it, the exhaust and cat in all one session.

All suggestions welcome --car is in sig.--all stock
Old 09-12-2003, 09:54 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Well, just a fuel smell in oil could mean richness??? Not that the FPR is bad.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:13 PM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, I am guessing since it is the original at 106K, that it is gone. I ordered an FPR and a damper from Paragon this morning--those guys rock. If the problem is not solved, my next guess would be, leaky injector? If not that, then bad rings......

Hopefully I can get this resolved and get her sold.

Quick Reply: Bad FPR--what do you think?