Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Ski.......are you there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 08:38 AM
slevy951
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ski.......are you there?

Just saw where a rig collapsed in the Gulf. You ok? ......

BTW, you have a box sitting in Tom's lobby.....
Old 09-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, yeah we're fine. It was a small inland unit. Remember, I'm the Captain on this thing,,

Those boxes are all Jims. Should be one from Jet Hot, then the new head, and still coming will be a LSD tranny. He might mail the Vitesse Stage II kit but I think he is going to bring that with him, not to mention the big box of parts from Paragon. I think the new wheels and rubber will make it on the car before he gets it there - November 27th, be at the Sheraton again if the wife tags along - if not- LaQuinta!!!!. See you then. Also, he just bought a NIB OEM 86 dash. What is the timeline to remove/install that via your write up?
Old 09-12-2003, 01:48 PM
slevy951
Former Sponsor

Glad to hear it wasn't you...

Looking forward to seeing you and meeting your friend. He's gonna have one hot car from that list.

New dash? Wow, that's rare. Assuming nothing goes wrong, about a day......
Old 09-12-2003, 02:09 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

damn ....sometimes i hate my location....i wish i was closer to come take a look myself.Sounds like fun guys....be sure to keep us posted...sounds like his car is going to be nice
Old 09-12-2003, 03:29 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

It'll be a lot of fun. We are going to take pictures from beginning to end, when it enters the shop to time on the dyno or tune it with laptop and WBO2. Slevy, we are showing up with a case(s) of cokes, diet cokes, Coors light, Bud light, and one case of Heinekens, got enough refrigerator space back there? Well, that's for one day....so tell Ken. Anyway, I was going to write the article, let my English professor wife sort it, and then submit it to Excellence. who knows......

The car(Jim's, "jwl" rennlist) is an 86, red w/black with 99,500 on it. Compression is 132-135 all cylinders, with about 4-6% leakdown across the board. Car has new Koni's all around, 220 # springs F, 968 M030 bars F&R, new s.s. brake lines, Super Blue, Zimmerman rotors w/metal master pads. New radiator, expansion tank, and front hoses, and SFR 3" exhaust.

On order/in pocket: complete exhaust system Jet Hot coated(except for SFR pcs), intake coated outside, Memphis Motorwerks head, intercooler pipes, Vitesse Stage II kit w/55# injectors, lightened flywheel, LSD tranny to install, Paragon box(rod bearings, Cup Car clutch kit, All sensors, WFHG set, rear main seal, remainder of gaskets, front seal kit, water pump, heater valve, belts, etc) black silicone vacuum lines, AFPR, Loteck A-pillar pod, NEW dash. Maybe a stage II LR intercooler too...and Cup Twist wheels with Goodyear F1 DS G3 rubber.

Target is to tune to 350rwhp on pump gas, 93 octane, 17psi.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:13 PM
slevy951
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Ski
Slevy, we are showing up with a case(s) of cokes, diet cokes, Coors light, Bud light, and one case of Heinekens, got enough refrigerator space back there? Well, that's for one day....so tell Ken.
Tom's got a Coke machine now! It's empty so come fill it up! We'll stash some away from Ken.......hahaha........
Old 09-12-2003, 11:53 PM
jwl
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coke machine?....I thought this was going to be professional! You know, call the distributer....bring in the 18 wheel reefer!
Old 09-13-2003, 12:23 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't tempt those boys up there...
Old 09-13-2003, 08:31 AM
slevy951
Former Sponsor

No worries......we stick to the liquid beverage......

Quick Reply: Ski.......are you there?