Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Broken drivers window :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 12:47 PM
bdellis
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken drivers window :(

I had my mechanic look at my car for boost leaks this week. He needed a particular hose, so he called me and told me which hose it was. He did not have it and could not find it. I went to a porsche part place & picked the part for him and delivered it.
When I returned the car was jacked up on the normal jack points right behind the front wheel an in front of the rear wheels. They showed me that the window had broken.(Drivers side) It shattered and glass went everywhere in my car? they claim they simply shut the door?
I would think more than likely the window was at least partially down and the door must have been shut really hard to do this. I wanted my car back and basically said well what are you going to do to fix this? They started talking about ordering a part and how much it was going to cost and I was like wait a minute? I did not break this glass why am I paying for it?
Well parts get old bla bla bla. I was very very mad. I truely waned to hurt these guys, but kept control.
I just wanted my car back at this point. Thats all that I could think of. If they break something else what happens?
I ended up buying the glass from a used car parts shop to replace it with as well as some bushings that keep the window on track. I drove 120 x 2 =240 miles total round trip twice to get these parts and spent over 100$ for the parts alone not to mention gas, my time and wear and tear on my car. Should the mechanic not have replaced this? or at least reimbursed me for its cost? what would you recommend I do? I dont feel I was treated fairly at all.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:47 PM
Dave951M
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Automobile Atlanta, comeon name names here. I think your mech should have replace it at no charge.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:52 PM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old parts ???? Thats a load of BS they should cover the cost of replacing the window for you.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:36 PM
Dwayne Williams
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yep, that's crap - they should pay for that broken window. It wasn't broken when you brought the car in and it broke in their shop while the car was under their control. And glass doesn't really deteriorate over time. I think we'd have to put that shop on the "never visit" list.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:40 PM
rhesus
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'd file a complaint throught the Better Business Bureau - you can do it online.

http://www.bbb.org/
Old 09-11-2003, 04:42 PM
ilikemy944
Going with the pack
is quite monotonous.
Rennlist Member

My friend closed the door on his dodge omni, and the glass broke. Was pretty funny.

(I know, I know)...
Make them pay!
AA?
Old 09-11-2003, 11:24 PM
huzer
4th Gear

Being in a business where we work on people’s cars it is inevitable that accidents are going to happen. Our policy is that if we did the damage we fix it or pay for the repair, if there is any doubt we fix/pay, period. Word of mouth in a small town goes along way for you or against you. He should pay for the repair.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:06 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he should have to pay to fix what parts on your car he broke.I would force him to do the right thing by word of mouth.And as someone pointed out earlier you can always file a claim online..
goodluck and let us know how it turns out

Quick Reply: Broken drivers window :(