944 S2 Trans feeler

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 07:04 PM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 944 S2 Trans feeler

Hey all,

I have not been active for quite a while and am out of the loop as far as current v values of parts. I have a 944 S2 transmission that I was planing on putting in my racecar and never got around to it and I am tired of storing it so thinking of selling if the market is still good for the S2 LSD trans. It has limited slip and was from a <100k mile car. Fluid drained clear, LSD feels tight, but I don't have any documentation. I did a quick search on ebay and there hasn't been a whole lot that have been fr sale/sold in the recent past. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-15-2015, 09:10 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Is it an AOT, no cooler?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:56 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 184 Posts

I'm searching for one and my budget is 1,500. honestly ive seen them listed for 2k but they don't seem to sell, maybe they do, but certainly not quickly. please pm me when you decide on your price.

edit: just saw you live in Ohio, I would go as high as 1,650 and i would be driving from marion Ohio with cash.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:46 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

I saw one sold north of 2200 recently I believe it was AZABANKS from AZ who sold it
Old 06-16-2015, 03:06 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
I saw one sold north of 2200 recently I believe it was AZABANKS from AZ who sold it
Yes, I sold mine and I sold it for $2500. I sold it to Albert Broadfoot in Florida. He rebuilt it(best looking 944/951 transmission pics I've ever seen) and he resold it to a client in the middle east(Dubai, I think).

Sorry AW 3.6, I know that doesn't help your cause. I hope you find one for a price you can handle.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:15 AM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by azbanks
Yes, I sold mine and I sold it for $2500. I sold it to Albert Broadfoot in Florida. He rebuilt it(best looking 944/951 transmission pics I've ever seen) and he resold it to a client in the middle east(Dubai, I think).

Sorry AW 3.6, I know that doesn't help your cause. I hope you find one for a price you can handle.
it's fine, not trying to steal anything from a a fellow enthusiast. the most expensive one i ever saw was 2k. it was on ebay for weeks and claimed to be rebuilt with a guard dif. it's not that i don't have 2500, its just not worth that much to me for a used trans. if there are many people who disagree, the seller should absolutely try to get more. if he decides he doesn't want to deal with shipping or craigslist scams, im right down the road. i don't know albert, but i would guess he had the thing pre sold before he even bought it from you. hell, skip should email him and see if he wants another one!
Old 06-16-2015, 11:36 AM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys! I appreciate the input!

For clarification - it does not have a cooler.

Auto-werks - I'll shot you a PM.

Last edited by Skip Wolfe; 06-16-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:16 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
it's fine, not trying to steal anything from a a fellow enthusiast. the most expensive one i ever saw was 2k. it was on ebay for weeks and claimed to be rebuilt with a guard dif. it's not that i don't have 2500, its just not worth that much to me for a used trans. if there are many people who disagree, the seller should absolutely try to get more. if he decides he doesn't want to deal with shipping or craigslist scams, im right down the road. i don't know albert, but i would guess he had the thing pre sold before he even bought it from you. hell, skip should email him and see if he wants another one!
Albert runs a very well known shop in Florida. He does great work but has sometimes taken longer to finish projects or ship things than some people would like. I've always had great transactions with him.

You are correct about how my transaction happened. Albert posted in a Facebook group that he was looking for for an S2 LSD trans for a customer. I wasn't planning on selling mine but he was willing to pay the asking price so I sold it.

Quick Reply: 944 S2 Trans feeler