Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone running Lindsey Racing 3" mild steel full cat delete / muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 11:00 PM
E-man930
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone running Lindsey Racing 3" mild steel full cat delete / muffler?

I just placed an order for the full 3" Lindsey Racing aluminized steel cat delete and muffler system. I decided this was a compromise buy, and got over the fact that it is not stainless. I will eventually plate the system with a high heat coating. For now, I think I need to order a pair of 3" V-band flanges / clamps and maybe even a 3" flex coupler to section into the cat-delete right where the pipe straightens out before the wastegate merge ties in. I also think I should add a flex coupler to the wastegate merge circuit... Thoughts? I sure as hell am not going to use the exhaust strap clamp over a slip fit pipe and I also don't want to fight cracks down the road as my car will be 1/2 street 1/2 track.

Anyone running this system or one fairly close that can share any insight? FWIW, selected the XR-1 muffler and WBO2 bung, everything else left as is on the 3" wastegate merge system.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:10 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Yes. Ceramic coated since new for corrosion control and looks. Very happy with it.

On order right now is a 3 inch system from cat back that can be used with this system so I can swap between 5 and 3 inch depending on track or street. Very happy, fits well. I can pull from the premuffler back in about 5 min once the car is in the air.
Never had any fit issues. If one has fittement issues it is because they are doing something wrong
Old 05-04-2015, 09:15 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

I put on the 3" downpipe-back system ~ 6 years ago (no wastegate tie-in, though). Running a Magnaflow muffler and swap in a cat or straight pipe depending on use (I rarely drive the car on the street now, so the cat hasn't been in for a while). The strap clamps seem to work OK, but the slip fits can be a little difficult to separate if left on for a while.

My car doesn't get driven much, so there is some rust on the inner walls. Overall, though, I'm happy w/ the system especially considering the incremental costs of available stainless options. Fitment was pretty good. I have a Tarrett rear sway bar that interfered w/ the exhaust slightly.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:53 AM
E-man930
Banned

Thanks for the feedback gents!
I have ordered a 3" V-band flange & clamp kit to replace the slip fitting and strap clamp. Also ordered a stainless bellow for the wastegate circuit, and looking for 3" stainless bellow now for the main pipe right where it straightens out from the turbo under the car. After I fit everything, and get it welded up, I'll get it ceramic coated.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:43 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Post pics when your done

Originally Posted by E-man930
Thanks for the feedback gents!
I have ordered a 3" V-band flange & clamp kit to replace the slip fitting and strap clamp. Also ordered a stainless bellow for the wastegate circuit, and looking for 3" stainless bellow now for the main pipe right where it straightens out from the turbo under the car. After I fit everything, and get it welded up, I'll get it ceramic coated.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:11 PM
E-man930
Banned

Will do! Please post pics of your LR 3" setups for reference.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:44 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Yes will do. At the moment it's on order but they were waiting for a piece to be fabricated for me since it's a custom length outside the regular 3 inch system. Plus I have the M-tune on order. Want to ship it all at once

Originally Posted by E-man930
Will do! Please post pics of your LR 3" setups for reference.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:54 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

I have the full 3" kit with a cat and had/have no problems with it. I did not have it coated since rust is not a problem in Phoenix. I used the strap clamps with and had no problems with it.

Quick Reply: Anyone running Lindsey Racing 3" mild steel full cat delete / muffler?